scouting a new area in western mt from a jet boat

jbm

had a chance to get out a cpl times these last cpl weeks for some scouting in a area i have not hunted in for a few yrs. 1st trip up the river with the jet boat we ran into a few log jams and could not make it by all of them. so 2nd trip up we took a cpl chainsaws and bingo got up to some good area and on the trip back down even ran into a few elk right at the river :D

http://youtu.be/6V32mUKUEbk

Attachments

• st regis river 2 017.jpg
    st regis river 2 017.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 447
  • st regis river 2 021.jpg
    st regis river 2 021.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 441
  • st regis river 2 023.jpg
    st regis river 2 023.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 438
  • st regis river 2 024.jpg
    st regis river 2 024.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 439
About six sticks of dynamite would have worked well there too. A cousin and I have to go through several miles of our favorite river and clear a path about every two/three years due to bank erosion taking down large oaks and those blown into the river by wind storms and hurricanes.

That's sweet. I'd like to see more pics and details on your boat, that thing scoots!

Great stuff, elk scouting or just an excuse for getting out in the boat?
Both work for me!
Cheers
Richard

yep both
also the last time i did bow hunt here we did good on elk. it has some very steep and thick country to hunt and that keeps alot of lazy hunters out of it .

That's sweet. I'd like to see more pics and details on your boat, that thing scoots!

it is 16'6 " with a 3/8" thick keel has a 252hp supercharged ecotec and a 2 stage jet pump
will run very shallow and is not to bad on fuel.
about 2 1/2 min into the vid is where the elk are on the right side. i had a friend driving in that part of the river . it was his 1st time driving so he did not get the boat stopped to film more
maybe next time we will get some elk on vid in this area

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back