Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Scoring Elk Antlers.

JMG

Can anyone tell me who in the Billings, MT area can "officially" score some elk antlers?

This is a picture of the bull my son shot in the Breaks this year. The body on this bull was big ... one of the biggest bodied elk we have been lucky enough to harvest. My son is 6'0" tall (as a reference). This bull carried some serious mass (circumference) up to the 4th tine ... the individual tines (themselves) were "thick".

Hunter's 2017 Bull Elk 03.jpg

I'm no expert in measuring elk antlers ...... I followed Boone and Crocket's scoring and my calculations were 340'ish. I've had several folks tell me the antlers score higher and now I'm curious. Thanks.

Go on the pope and young and Boone and Crockett web pages. There should be a link that says find a Measurer

Go on the pope and young and Boone and Crockett web pages. There should be a link that says find a Measurer

What golfer said. That is a darn nice bull too! It does not cost anything to have them scored I believe but if it is large enough to enter into the records book there is a small fee for doing that. Neat way to honor the animal.

Thanks, everyone.

Art, next time your in Billings .... send me a private message. I'm in no big hurry to get it scored, it's mostly out of curiosity.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back