Yeti GOBOX Collection

Scoring Contest

Dangit! I was just about to guess 88 7/8. :D

Hard to see that length based off the first picture but the second one shows that he has got some major length to him. Stud of a buck.

Eli, do you guys ever spend time looking for the shedded horn sheaths of specific bucks?

Dangit! I was just about to guess 88 7/8. :D

Hard to see that length based off the first picture but the second one shows that he has got some major length to him. Stud of a buck.

Eli, do you guys ever spend time looking for the shedded horn sheaths of specific bucks?

No. Though we have found well over 100 sheds during our trips I'd have to say that about 97-98 of them were found by accident. Their sheds disintegrate one way or another too quickly to justify the time it would take to search.

According to the outfitter the buck green gross scored 88 7/8 and was nearly 18 inches long!

View attachment 20058

Maybe you know the outfitter and trust him, or have seen the score sheet. From the pictures, which we all know are never that good to be judging from, I don't see the length or the score. Even in the last picture.

But, we all know how difficult pronghorn can be to accurately judge. If you gave me 50 guesses, I would have never guessed that high, even if I had seen the last picture.

Guess that shows what I know about pronghorn. :eek:

The guy in the picture with Petersen is a good friend of ours who has taken many pronghorn with his bow scoring in the mid to upper 80's. And he's usually on the very conservative side when he tells us scores.

These are fun experiments and, since I know everyone likes looking at pictures of animals, I'm going to try to keep on posting these to keep the convo going on the boards in the antelope section.

The next one I'm going to post will be a video scoring contest!

Here is a pair that he shot in 2000 that are entered in the B&C record book. Maybe he didn't enter them all, which would be fairly common.

Thought I might luck out and find that one in the database and be able to see the scores on it. No such luck. No doubt, a great buck for anyone to shoot.

27. pronghorn, net score - 89 2/8 Coconino County, AZ Robert E. Petersen Year 2000 all-time rank 73

28. pronghorn, net score - 85 Coconino County, AZ Robert E. Petersen Year 2000 all-time rank 635

Here is a pair that he shot in 2000 that are entered in the B&C record book. Maybe he didn't enter them all, which would be fairly common.

Thought I might luck out and find that one in the database and be able to see the scores on it. No such luck. No doubt, a great buck for anyone to shoot.

Unfortunately Petersen never entered any of his heads into the books until those two in 2000. He also never entered any after those two. I guess when those two bucks got entered it was actually a mistake, according to the outfitter. They were never supposed to go into the books (long story I guess).

I have most all of the scores of his bucks in my database if you're curious (and they may even be on our website in the Stats section).

I would have guess way low, about like everybody else. Very nice buck though.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back