Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Scope for new rifle(vx3 vs vx5 vs Zeiss conquest)

huntin24/7

I’ll be picking up my new seekins next week which is the most expensive gun I’ve ever owned and need to look at putting some glass on it. I have 2 vx3 4.5-14’s on 2 other rifles. They give me plenty good clarity at low light. How do they compare with the vx5 and the conquest as far as quality of components. Vx5 is at about the top of my price range.

I’ll be picking up my new seekins next week which is the most expensive gun I’ve ever owned and need to look at putting some glass on it. I have 2 vx3 4.5-14’s on 2 other rifles. They give me plenty good clarity at low light. How do they compare with the vx5 and the conquest as far as quality of components. Vx5 is at about the top of my price range.
Just ordered a Seekins PH2 from SFC B and they are having a sale on the Zeiss Conquest. I was in the same boat as you. I was going to order a VX 5 from Schmalts. I could not pass up the deal on the Conquest. My opinion is the Conquest is as good if not better glass than the VX5. The ballistics app from Zeiss is great and you don’t have to send off for new turrets if you want to change loads. I know you don't have to with the CDS either and can find similar programs out there. You won't be disappointed either way you go.

Not a bad choice in there. Look at the weight and form factor, if it matters. I’d lean towards spending the extra money if it was me… and since it’s your money I’d DEFINITELY lean towards spending the extra money :D

I like my VX5HD really well. I like my VX3HD really well. I tend to like the Zeiss consistent eye relief and optical clarity just a bit more, but weight and money is usually more as well

I have a couple Zeiss left at the shop if you're interested. I can get them shipped free to you as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back