School me on e collars

HA! But then I'd have to point the birds... ;)
I’ve got the dogtra pathfinder. Works great for hunting in heavy cover with a pointing dog. Only downfall is that you have to use your smart phone as the transmitter. I wanted to get the Garmin alpha, but this was half the cost. If I had to do it over again, I’d tell the wife to fly a kite and buy the Garmin. Pathfinder is great though, love the ability to see where my dogs is at any given time.

Again sport dog vote here I have one of the more basic models and use the vib and low setting and they work great on my Labs

I use SportDOG 425. It's really simple and pretty inexpensive. I use it ducks and pheasants, and walks off leash. It's very simple and works well. I'm the opposite of a real dog trainer. I used it very similar to your needs. It has 3 buttons. 1 is a tone. The other 2 do the same thing (vibrate or "nick"), but one does it continually as you press and hold the button, the other just gives a one-time vibrate or "nick". https://www.sportdog.com/dog-training/e-collars/fieldtrainer

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back