Schnees customer service

Buckskinbob

Just wanted to write out my experience with schnees recently. I feel like i have read some negativity about their customer service, but have experienced the opposite so here it is.

Late spring I bought a pair of the beartooth insulated boots. I wore them a bit through the summer and they broke in really good. Since archery started I had been putting a bit of miles on them and really started to like them alot.

Unfortunately the first weekend that I was out in heavy rain they soaked through immediately. Not a huge deal but definitely annoying wearing soggy boots for a few days when you expected them to be water proof.

Anyways, the next day I message schnees customer service and tell them what is going on. I got a quick response stating that that shouldn't be happening with the boots and they would be willing to test them in bozeman and send me a new pair if they failed their leak test. They even offered to send me some nikwax so that I could finish off my hunting before I sent in the boots, that way it didn't cause to much of a burden on me. I told them that's alright I'd just hunt through the weekend and get them sent out that Monday.

That Monday I sent the boots out, they recieved them last Thursday, got them processed and a new pair is supposed to arrive this Friday. In my opinion that is the best customer service a guy can get. They stand behind their 100 percent water proof claim and since that is one of the main reasons I bought those boots I'm pretty happy. I'm not sure what happened with that pair but stuff happens you can't get every pair perfect.

I bought a pair of beartooth's in 2015, first day out I was lacing them up and a bracket tore off. Took them into the store with the receipt charged me $35 to fix it, they had my boots for 4 weeks+ never called me to tell me they were fixed. Eventually I went in, they dug around in the back and found a pair of boots without any info on them and 'decided' they were mine... same size so whatever.

In 2018 they were kinda a mess trying to work with getting boots resoled so I sent mine to a spot in Colorado who did a great job and had them turned around really quick.

Two sides to every coin.

I felt like the main store in Bozeman was a bit of a shit show. Maybe things have changed.

I bought a pair of beartooth's in 2015, first day out I was lacing them up and a bracket tore off. Took them into the store with the receipt charged me $35 to fix it, they had my boots for 4 weeks+ never called me to tell me they were fixed. Eventually I went in, they dug around in the back and found a pair of boots without any info on them and 'decided' they were mine... same size so whatever.

In 2018 they were kinda a mess trying to work with getting boots resoled so I sent mine to a spot in Colorado who did a great job and had them turned around really quick.

Two sides to every coin.

I felt like the main store in Bozeman was a bit of a shit show. Maybe things have changed.
That's unfortunate man. I agree there is often two sides. That's why feedback is important so they know what they are doing right and what going wrong. 3 years is alot of time to make changes to customer service if they happened to be getting alot of negative feedback back then. I can only attest to this year though as this is my first purchase with them.

I've had great service from them, first pair I got were too small, they exchanged after I'd worn them no questions asked, then I tore an eyelet out after about 10 months, they were discontinuing that boot so they gave me full credit towards another pair. When I had that pair resoled they shipped them back to me for no charge and charged me less than the advertised price for the resole.

I've had great service from them, first pair I got were too small, they exchanged after I'd worn them no questions asked, then I tore an eyelet out after about 10 months, they were discontinuing that boot so they gave me full credit towards another pair. When I had that pair resoled they shipped them back to me for no charge and charged me less than the advertised price for the resole.

I have two pair of beartooths and they have both leaked since the day I got them. I love the way they fit my feet, but they are not waterproof.

I still have the email I wrote their service department 5/5/2015 about the eyelet issue… never responded lol

Have another email chain about getting them resoled saying it would be like a 6month to 1 year turn around. Rocky Mountain resole did mine quick turn around.. $90.

I have two pair of beartooths and they have both leaked since the day I got them. I love the way they fit my feet, but they are not waterproof.
Have you talked to them about it? I really like this boot as well and want them to be waterproof.

Have you talked to them about it? I really like this boot as well and want them to be waterproof.
With my first pair a few years ago, they told me they weren’t really waterproof and to treat them. I put two coats of snow seal on both pairs before this season and they still leak.

I did have a new pair that lost an eyelet and they replaced them. I don’t have any issues with customer service. I’ve just found that they aren’t waterproof.

Knock on wood, never had to use their customer service. Had issues with the interpretation of "lifetime warranty" with Cabelas on a parka where the sipper was pulling loose after about 8 years. I got my money's worth but was the original owner. The rep said 8 years is a lifetime. I asked it was the item's lifetime rather than mine then shouldn't they mark my coat for the "use by date" so no misunderstandings? Offered me a gift certificate. Refused. He knew he was weaseling out on a guarantee for a company headed to a decline. I do not think I have spent $500 since then at Cabela's and most of that was ammo when was hard to find. Still have the coat. I sewed the zipper edges and looks like crap but the deer still don't care.

I have a pair of Beartooth II's that I have had for ~5 years. Shortly after I bought them an lace hook snapped off. I send them in and they put a new one on for free and I never paid shipping. Turn around time was good as well. Don't recall the specifics.
On the same pair the rand started to separate from the boot in a couple locations. After the season I sent them in and again, I did not pay shipping and they fixed the issue in a very timely manner.
Also, no leaks ever. Very happy customer.

I’ve had a lot of issues with leaking but always great customer service (free replacement boots).
The Mission Alps (a discontinued model-not the v2) seem to be water tight thusfar

I’ve done dozens of small creek crossings to nearly the top of mine and never had wet feet. I wouldn’t say I’m particularly good about maintenance (oiled them once) and they’ve still held the waterproofing for three years.

Love the way mine fit, but the left one leaks, even with proper nikwax. Think it’s coming under the sole? Might have to send them in.

Mine leaked somewhere around the toe box. I'm not sure what causes it, but the nikwax just keeps the leather from soaking through right away. The waterproofing is the sympatex layer underneath

I'm on my 3rd set of timberlines in 4 years. They've all be replaced due to leaking. I spent around 3 hours yesterday tromping around in the rain and they're leaking again.....the right one much worse than the left. I feel like their customer service has been top notch, but their membrane material should probably be relegated for use in screen doors.

They fit me really well and I want to like the boot, but at this point I wouldn't trust them to go on a long hunt and potentially have wet feet for a week because it rained on the first day.

I’ve tried snow seal and many others. First of all I hate how nearly every spray on waterproofer smells like it’ll explode, so I switched to the nikwax like the op mentioned. I’m going to blow your minds if you don’t know this, maybe some of you do. Look up how to “impregnate your leather” and spray your waterproofer on WET ASS BOOTS. Let it dry naturally over a couple days and I PROMISE you, they’ll be waterproof.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back