Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Schmaltz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't you ask me?
Figured you were busy, having a business. Plus, I figured if you happened to log on, you would read this. I just hate bugging vendors after a sale... I know they have a life and work to do and figure if they have hundreds, or even dozens of customers contacting them daily it would take away from time they could be making money. Just trying to be considerate of your time and figured folks already on here were already killing time on the net. 🥴

I tried contacting schmalts via the contact email on the predator optics website about 6 weeks ago and still not heard anything from him.

I’ve often wondered this, why there is such a propensity to crowd source an answer from strangers rather than ask the source.
Exactly! One thing that never fails to amaze me is how people seek advice from strangers on topics about which they know nothing. An actual example: "I had a neck fusion. When can I shoot my .416 Rigby (OK, I exaggerated that part). Uh, maybe ask your neurosurgeon?

Here's the deal. This is just me talking to explain my presence. This is not a vent, just a PSA to help out as I have had some real doozies of conversations lately including someone who wanted an even lower price then threatened to contact the manufacture saying I was breaking MAP pricing even though I do not public price....My prices are NOT negotiable as my markup is pretty small. I WILL NOT advertise prices online as the manufactures have a strict policy of a minimum price that cannot be listed online publicly (MAP). Therefore you will have to contact me for a price in a private venue. I will not answer phone calls, partly because I can't but mostly because 99% of the time it is spam calls anyway and i do not want business capital or an extended warranty on my car... I guess there is a lot of chatter on other forums that I offer up optics at a decent price and I will not go to those forums to do business. The idea is to get them to come here here and become part of this community. I prefer a PM as means of contact, and email as second line of contact and that email can be found on predatoroptics.com.
Leupold is the best American company to buy from IMO. They make great products and are great people. Yes I do have a few other brands that I get contacted about but I don't like to talk about them to much unless I get that inquiry from someone in a PM or a forum thread.
Payment.... I got sick of the charge card companies making more than I did on some sales with the surprise rewards fees. When I give a price it includes shipping and taxes (unless from WI) is based on paying with a check, MO, or paying online with your checking info. The online payment is secure through Intuit and I do not see your information. Credit cards are an option but to cover the cost of your Cabela's points and transaction fee I add 4% if so desired. Most people use the online checking payment as 4% adds up fast on higher prices items.
Shipping.. Some items I have in stock, the majority gets drop shipped. Current environment is crazy. not only is there one of the biggest gun buying boom in history it is also the busy season so shipping gets out the door 3-5 days from payment and part of that is to let the checking payment clear. So if you need a scope pronto and can't wait a full week for it to show up I am not your guy. Your best option is to please click the amazon link you see on the banners in this website as they can handle the faster transaction more than this old guy, and when you click that link it will also help support this great community.
Contacting me.... Please know what you want. The forum is the place to do your research and why it is here. I am not a long range guy and do not even know what all those little lines in many of those reticles are even for. I hunt a lot, and offer advice for what I think is the best scope option for a price range. But be specific in your questions about scope prices. I am not kidding when I say the prices are very different just because of a reticle type. I lose patients when I get 3 messages in a day that go like this:
" I want a price for a VX-3i 40mm...."
What manufacture number please lots of options, or be more specific, Leupold website has the numbers and current models.
"The duplex...."
"Ok, CDS? Tube size? Side focus? Manufacture # please.".
" 1" tube..."
" I need a manufacture number". (at this point I am throwing in the towel and sometimes get a cabelas number from them that means nothing)

You guys are awesome. Thanks for being part of this community and buying products from the manufactures that support this community. I am here on the side as a kindness from Randy and because I try to do things in a way that gets people to join this forum. I also moderate the optics forum to lighten the load from other mods. Just a heads up, I am going on a much needed vacation between 8/7 -8/17 so I can't do much but quote during that time.

Last edited:
Just curious, but do advertised clearance/closeout prices on Leupold optics have to be approved by Leupold?

Just curious, but do advertised clearance/closeout prices on Leupold optics have to be approved by Leupold?
Yes, if leupold is closing out a product because it is discontinued MAP usually is not enforced but they (Leupold) have to say it is a closeout. This is the norm for other manufactures as well. That usually indicates the product is being cut or upgraded. When items are on closeout I usually cannot beat others prices because those big box stores get a lot better pricing than this old man does. And I am honest enough that I have in the past pointed people to those places to get a better price. The big stores do not want to get stuck with a pile of old models so they blow out what they have in stock.

I have bought a few scopes through Schmalts. All of the transactions have been very easy. I will buy all my future scopes from him. Great prices, quick response and easy. I am now saving up to by a buy a new VX-5 3-15 x 44 CDS. Not sure what that will cost yet but I think that would be a great scope for a new 280 AI rifle build.

But what if JUREMMBO JACK'S wants to clear out inventory that Leupold is still actively manufacturing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back