Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Scarey night

In retrospect, would you have done something different if you would have known what the situation really was? 20/20 hindsight?

This leads me to....when we hear something go bump in the night, are we really handling the situation properly? Or do most people just listen for the second bump and fall asleep?
My dog will absolutely tear someone in half if they come in without being welcome. With that said, I travel a lot for work and I have given my wife clear instructions. We have an 18 month old…if they get through the dog, shoot them in the chest. If she hears something off at night, take the dog and a pistol and make sure everything is clear.

There are two things I can’t replace in this world. My wife and my daughter.

Not sure if this eases your mind, but hopefully they were just looking for a warm place to sleep?
Maybe that’s just me assuming the best in people when I shouldn’t.
Either way it’s good your dogs scared them off! Glad everyone is safe
I’d say if someone is needing to come in and get warm, usually knocking on the front door would be the best avenue for that. Not creeping around with screwdrivers.

Good reason to keep a gun on the nightstand. Also a good reason to pick up a short barrel personal defense shotgun!

If he's creeping around with a screwdriver, he's not looking for a warm place to stay. As my grandpa would have said "He's looking for a bloody nose"

i hate to say it, but i really wish more people who break and enter actually got legally shot by homeowners.

if the odds of that happening were greater than like 50% i think generally break ins would drop quite a bit. it would be awesome if it was just common knowledge in society that breaking and entering is actually a really dangerous thing to do as a breaker and enterer.

homeowners should be required to either buy a pistol or a german shepherd.

We have Ring cameras up and they work great when Wi-Fi is uninterrupted. You don’t need a maneater dog! The dog in my profile is a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, close relative of Bernese Mountain Dog. Both breeds are about 90-130lbs, loyal to family, not outwardly aggressive and have a deep bark that everything respects. Bite strength isn’t tested, herding breed not attack. But my bitch can chew one foot of frozen turkey neck in 12min.

Nice 870 and (or) a quality handgun (G23 general type) with repetition comfort. Blink cameras, dog(s), and phone ready to hit 911.

Comfort with neighbors, good time to give them a heads up. Helps to have allies who understand setting and quick response.

Glad to hear all was safe in the end. Dogs are amazing.

Nice 870 and (or) a quality handgun (G23 general type) with repetition comfort. Blink cameras, dog(s), and phone ready to hit 911.

Comfort with neighbors, good time to give them a heads up. Helps to have allies who understand setting and quick response.

Glad to hear all was safe in the end. Dogs are amazing.
Yeah, 870! five 3” shells, C/IC, never miss with those odds.

Tweekers trying to rob the Christmas tree. Everybody be especially vigilant Christmas Eve. Burglars will be watching for people leaving for church or friends. Also, keep in mind the Christmas robbers are as often as not someone you know. Coworkers, family, etc. That shit has really escalated the last decade or so. Honestly, stealing kids' presents? Man, it doesn't get any lower than that!

My dog will absolutely tear someone in half if they come in without being welcome. With that said, I travel a lot for work and I have given my wife clear instructions. We have an 18 month old…if they get through the dog, shoot them in the chest. If she hears something off at night, take the dog and a pistol and make sure everything is clear.

There are two things I can’t replace in this world. My wife and my daughter.
I sleep so much better at home knowing nobody can enter the house without the dogs hearing it giving time for me to react.
When I'm away our German shepherd is on high alert all night. The wife gets very annoyed she says she gets woke up multiple times a night as he is pacing around checking windows and doors.

So I also sleep well while Im away knowing the family is in good hands.

Glad you and the family are safe. You have pushed my thoughts into getting another Chesapeake started after losing my last one a year ago. I never worried about security when I had one or two of them in the house !

Had this happen to us a few years ago. Four kids in a blacked out sedan. I saw them turn into our long driveway and turn off their headlights. They came in the last bit in the dark.
They were all out of the car and heading into our barn when I turned on the front porch light and they saw the big guy with a black rifle standing there.

They scrambled back to their car and got out of dodge. I called 911 and SO started looking for them. We found out the next morning they had stolen a neighbor's truck.

My favorite part of these threads is how many guys are actually operators disguised as regular Joes on a hunting website!

@duckhunt I'm sure it was a very unnerving experience, glad you and yours are all safe!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back