Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Scarey night

Woke up around 2 this morning to a noise and the dogs barking. I get out of bed and look out the window and see foot prints in the fresh snow going around to the front of my house. There's a blizzard going on so I figure maybe somebody is stuck in the snow or needs help. So I put my coat and shoes on, grab a flashlight and go outside to check it out.

I go out the side door we normally use where the yard light is and walk around to the front of the house where it's dark. I can see a truck sitting running on the road to the north of my house about a block away. When I shine my light that way the truck takes off. Next I'm sure this isn't somebody that needs help so in the house I go to grab my pistol. Back outside I investigate the tracks that went down my driveway to the garage for 2 screwdrivers ,then to a bedroom window ,and then back to the road.

I believe the dogs barking scared them off. The cops were called and they showed up to investigate. They took the screwdrivers for evidence and tried to follow tire tracks. Do to the blizzard the tire tracks faded off into the snow. Pretty uneasy feeling knowing somebody was breaking in while we were sleeping inside.
Man, I’m so thankful y’all are alright. I can’t imagine how unnerving that experience was for you and your family. I keep a pistol and my 20 gauge with turkey load nearby my bed for this very reason. God forbid I ever have to use it but I’ll always be prepared.

65% the people on their Internet are Navy seal ranger sniper team squad leaders. Or at least their uncle is, and he told them all you need to do is rack that 870. If that don’t work you pepper their a$$ with some #6 bird shot.🙄
And here, my CIA analyst /wink, wink... training advised me to load the 870 with rock salt in a good three inch thunder shell. Hmmm, who'da thought a smart ass would call us operators out. Glad you were here to set us straight. :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Thinking about unloading a can of bear spray to the face would be hilarious. I actually think I would enjoy that alot.
Just before opener my nephew in Kalispell had three tweekers break and enter with bear spray. Apparently they figured they could disable him with it and then ransack the place. My brother said they sprayed so much it made the floor slippery. They ran into the girlfriend first and wiped her out. Junior managed to duck into the bedroom. He shot one of them in the arse with .308. Wounded tweeker's buddies dragged him out of the house (with some difficulty since they badly gassed themselves during the melee) then they threw him out of the car a short distance away. He's alive and convalescing in the county jail. He wouldn't give up his partners. Claims he's not sure who they were ... which may be the truth. Probably didn't know what planet he was on. Getting shot in the butt might leave him crippled for life ... but may also save his life if he gets off meth in the lockup. No hope for him otherwise. Man, that shit is BAD stuff. My nephew didn't miss. He was not willing to kill someone. Not over bear spray.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back