Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

SB 380-Add 1500 Non-resident tags

ingomar

SB 380, the bill to increase the non resident big game combo licenses by 1500, only to be valid in wilderness areas, has been re-referred to the House FWP Committee. The sponsor originally tried to have it heard in the House Business and Labor Committee, but several Democrats opposed it being heard by that committee and the Republican party leadership agreed to referred it back to the House FWP where it belongs. I know many of you emailed and called with your opposition to where the bill was to be heard and that may have had an impact as well.

They have not yet scheduled the hearing date for SB 380, but most likely it will be next Tuesday or Thursday. PLEASE START EMAILING THE HOUSE FISH, WILDLIFE AND PARKS COMMITTEE AT THIS LINK WITH YOUR THOUGHTS:
http://leg.mt.gov/css/Sessions/63rd/legwebmessage.asp
You can also call 444-4800 to comment.

Here is the link to the bill: http://data.opi.mt.gov/bills/2013/billhtml/SB0380.htm

It is important to point out that we have not sold out all the non-resident big game combo tags for the past two years so there is no reason to create additional NR licenses. Also, in 2012, Montana gave out 28,857 non-resident elk and deer licenses, not just the 17,000 the outfitters like to talk about!! Isn't that enough?? They also want to sell these 1500 licenses at a reduced price. They brought a similar bill forward in the last session that was tabled by the House FWP committee on a 10-10 vote so we need tremendous opposition to defeat this bill.

I find it just slightly hypocritical when the same groups that support this bill also claim that we need to kill all the predators because they are wiping out all the big game.:mad:

This is just one more Minard bill to increase the Cap. I oppose more NR licenses for a couple reasons. MOGA has chipped away on special licenses until there are now 28,857. (strange that they always use the erroneous figure of 17000). Obviously they are willing to keep chipping. Secondly, we aren't selling the licenses available now. 3rdly, this isn't about wilderness outfitters....its about more licenses for the MOGA folks and their ranching for wildlife agenda in E. Mont.
I have a suggestion for MOGA. Figure out a way to allocate licenses for wilderness outfitters on your own. Quit trying to hose Montana Resident Sportsmen!

I find it just slightly hypocritical when the same groups that support this bill also claim that we need to kill all the predators because they are wiping out all the big game.:mad:

Good point. Almost too much irony in that point.

Back