MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Saying goodbye sucks

Sorry to hear about that. Definitely understand the pain of your loss. I too am facing the decision to say goodbye to my 14.5 year companion.

Sorry for your loss. They truly become part of our families and we miss them when they are gone. They leave a huge hole for sure. Best wishes and take care.

I am so sorry Ben. . Please accept my condolences for your loss

Ben, Sorry for your loss. Prayers and condolences to you and your family.

OOOOoooooooooouuuuuuuwwwwwwWWWWW.

Mournful howl to accompany your finest friend across the Rainbow Bridge. Ben, you both were lucky to have each other.

So sad.

Boy this one is very close to my heart, Ben. Our dogs are very important to us and losing one always breaks my heart. I feel your pain Ben. Very sorry for you

Sorry for your loss. Not gonna lie....putting a longtime family dog down hurts as much as anything I've gone through. Love on that new one......

I feel it, too. Mine passed three weeks ago.

Hope it heals quickly.

Sorry buddy. It's a gut punch just like losing a family member. Truly.

Thanks folks. Just amazing how much these critters influence every aspect of your life.

Our 13 year & 10 month old dog Gracie was a constant companion to my wife & I on most adventures. She wasn't a hunter, but was the best damned fishing dog/trail dog that you could have asked for. She saved us from a grizz on Monture creek once, she never complained when a fly stuck in her face because she sat right in your backcast, and she was smart enough to know that deer were for chasing, but moose were for hiding behind dad. WHen she was 11, she was fading and we knew that she'd be gone soon, but didn't think she'd last almost 3 more years. The new puppy we brought home at first irritated her to no end, then they became buddies and breathed new life into her. In her prime, she would be a ghost in the forest, running through blowdown like nobody's business, those long legs carrying her over the dead timber as she searched for squirrels & mice. Ultimately, spinal degeneration and a stroke last week took too much out of her and we made the worst call to the vet. She passed at home, quietly & peacefully and now there's a massive hole in our family.

This hurts. Not gonna lie. Dogspeed, big fish.

View attachment 128627

View attachment 128628

View attachment 128630

View attachment 128631

View attachment 128632

View attachment 128633

View attachment 128629
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear this, Ben. You have lots of wonderful memories to look back on. Sounds like one hell of a dog.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back