Sausage recipes

woods89

I have a bunch of deer and elk thawing to make a bunch of sausage. We have a basic breakfast sausage recipe we like, but we'd like to find a good recipe for a maple breakfast sausage, as well as a good Italian sausage for pizza, casseroles, etc.
Thanks in advance!

Hi-Mountain mixes are also excellent. Hi-Country doesn't make the German blend for some reason. I really liked it. I imagine this is good also!

1679865621046.png

Never tried hi country. Hi mountain I used for years and ulyoi have to mix at least double what they call for in my experience. I recently switched to ps seasonings and have been very happy. Sorry no recipes in particular I usually buy these and then tweak to my liking.

Just pick one and then cut in half and use it as a baseline that's what I've done after several tries of mixing my own seasoning. Ymmv

I’ve made them before using a cook smoking method from a box recipe or online.

This batch I’m using Hank Shaw’s recipe and doing a salami cure method. I just mixed all the spices and stuffed. They are in my beer fridge on sheets fermenting and being shaped (flatten).

I’ll pull them out and cold smoke on Wednesday.

I’m going to hang in my very cool basement under plastic with an humidifier until they reduce in weight by 30%. I expect it to be a week or two.

I’ll post an update once they are done.

I’ve made them before using a cook smoking method from a box recipe or online.

This batch I’m using Hank Shaw’s recipe and doing a salami cure method. I just mixed all the spices and stuffed. They are in my beer fridge on sheets fermenting and being shaped (flatten).

I’ll pull them out and cold smoke on Wednesday.

I’m going to hang in my very cool basement under plastic with an humidifier until they reduce in weight by 30%. I expect it to be a week or two.

I’ll post an update once they are done.

You had me at hanging in your beer fridge.

You had me at hanging in your beer fridge.
I read a little more last night and moved the sausages out of the beer fridge to my den for more warmth during fermentation.

Attachments

• 70222535268__66008BFA-1126-4A37-A008-B6BCF9A684A3.jpeg
    70222535268__66008BFA-1126-4A37-A008-B6BCF9A684A3.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • 70222496998__9E50B280-0C95-4366-8DEA-691ABB8575BC.jpeg
    70222496998__9E50B280-0C95-4366-8DEA-691ABB8575BC.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
www.waltonsinc.com. when it comes to seasonings and recipes, equipment,etc. They are a Midwest company also out of KS. I use them for everything.
+1 for Waltons for all your sausage making needs... They have really well done tutorials/recipes/walkthroughs too. I've used their kielbasa, hot italian, classic brat, green chile brat, and snack stick seasonings and been really happy with the end product

Back