Caribou Gear Tarp

San Juan/Elk Ridge

No first hand experience, but have seen some home video of some pretty impressive bulls from down that way. As stated previously, the Blacks have had pretty good success on bucks, but I haven't seen anything monsterous come out of there. It would not have been at the top of MY list of premium buck units in UT...

Thanks for the feedback 1 pointer. Sounds like he may have to work hard for a good buck, but at least the potential is there. I know he's really excited. He's been waiting to hunt Utah for 12 years, originally he started applying with the idea of eventually drawing the Paunsagunt, but he finally gave up on that. Nine years ago after he'd only been applying in Utah for a couple of years he talked me into putting in for Book Cliffs, so my dad and I applied for it, and drew it, with no points! I haven't applied in Utah since!

I kinda know a guy that guides down that way. I'll see if I can ferret any info out of him. If so, I'll be sure to pass it along.

Thats a great tag. If you want to kill the biggest bulls that unit has to offer, I suggest you call Mossback. The blacks arent known for big bulls. My personal experiences with them left me with bad feels and I will NEVER give them a cent of my money.

yea, I haven't seen those guys kill any big deer other then their own. Maybe they do? I stand by what I said earlier. I wouldn't give them aq cent of mine.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back