PEAX Equipment

S&W K Frame.357 repair

Redmt

I have a K Frame .357 that needs repair. The cylinder advances unreliably and the hammer doesn't want to @#)(#. I'm looking for a gunsmith that is familiar with the Smith and Wesson.

Does he do Colts as well, like SAA and Snake guns? No immediate needs, but fewer folks know how to do these, and doubt CZ/Colt would help with obsolete guns. My SAAs have had tons of rounds through them and might need service some day.

And, for one of my boneheaded moves ever: Dallas Gun Show, buying Colt Factory elephant ivory grips for $125 for SAA. "Honey, get another set for the other Colt. Well, I don't know, that's a lot of money,".

Last edited:
Does he do Colts as well, like SAA and Snake guns? No immediate needs, but fewer folks know how to do these, and doubt CZ/Colt would help with obsolete guns. My SAAs have had tons of rounds through them and might need service some day.

And, for one of my boneheaded moves ever: Dallas Gun Show, buying Colt Factory elephant ivory grips for $125 for SAA. "Honey, get another set for the other Colt. Well, I don't know, that's a lot of money,".
Check out the Single Action Forum on Proboards.
Lots of Colt and Ruger mod nerds on there. I've gotten great advise from their members.

It's on its way to JRH this morning. Talking with him yesterday convinced me that he is VERY familiar with Smith and Wesson and very familiar with the model 19.

It's on its way to JRH this morning. Talking with him yesterday convinced me that he is VERY familiar with Smith and Wesson and very familiar with the model 19.
Best revolver made in my opinion.

I have considered selling it many times. First off, I am a horrible shot with a pistol. I can miss a 3" target at 25' by as much as 6". I would be better off throwing the bullet. For some reason though this old model 19 has a special place in my collection. Besides a couple of plastic 9mms and assorted 22's, it's the only real pistol I have.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back