S&W 1000m restrictor pin?

PFUNK

My dad is looking at buying a mint condition smith & wesson 1000m waterfowler shotgun for only $200, but apparently it is missing the restrictor pin that limits the magazine to 3 rounds. Any gun gurus here know where he might be able to get a hold of this part? Anybody know much about these in general. I got to handle it and it seems like a well balanced, light shotgun. Another question while I'm at it... Any other barrels that it will accept? It has a fixed full choke but wondering if you can buy a barrel that accepts choke tubes.

I don't know what kind of pin is in the S&W, but some shotguns used dowels, or maybe a smith could make one. Seems like a fair deal on a shotgun. mtmuley

I'm not familiar with the shotgun so I googled about the pin. It turns out these guns are notorious for having O-ring problems which may require the use of a gunsmith to fix. Otherwise the internet didn't have much to offer as to the pin.

I'm not familiar with the shotgun so I googled about the pin. It turns out these guns are notorious for having O-ring problems which may require the use of a gunsmith to fix. Otherwise the internet didn't have much to offer as to the pin.

Yeah I did a quick google search too and didn't turn up much about where to find the pin. Good to know about the o-ring problems. For $200 for an automatic I think it's still a good deal. Would be nice to find the pin though so that it is legal to use for waterfowl hunting.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avidcork
Back