MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Ruger American

I have the new style in 308. Does not work
May have to switch to the AI mags

Still inconsistent results. Guess I'll take the chance.
Overall I've heard really positive results, but I have had a few different issues with the ATIs in my Ruger American Go Wild 6.5 Creedmoor.
Some failures to feed properly - some where I put the mag in and it doesn't seem to line up quite right. I'm not sure could just be me but I had several issues. I had no issues with my .30-06 with the rotary Mag but apparently a lot of people did.

Mine's a 7/08 like marksjeep only a standard. Given he's had perfect results I feel pretty good about trying the new design. Also like that it's a flush style like the original.

I have 4 Ruger Americans, Rimfire Compact, 22-250, Predator 6.5 CM and Ranch 450 BM. All shoot great and are easy to load for. Never had problems with either the 22-250 or 6.5CM mags. The stocks are a bit flimsy when using a bipod, but a Bell & Carlson fixes that. Two of them have Timneys and the rimfire trigger has been worked over. Very good value priced rifles. All of them wear Leupolds.

Accuracy is pretty good. I think the barrel and action are of good quality. The stocks are definitely cheap and flimsy. Putting a stock of several hundred on one to improve the thing kinda defeats the purpose for those on a budget. I'm not a fan of the "zippy" action, but functionally it is fine.

If you're on a tight budget they work and shoot. If you are looking for quality you are going to at least have to upgrade the stock.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishing-Moka
Back