Votes: 1 2.4%

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • 6.5 Grendel

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • 300 Blackout

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters

USAF Ret

They have the rebate going now for $100. Been looking at ranch rifles for a while. Don't really need one, but with the price. Just don't know which caliber. I reload for all listed except the 7.62x39.

What caliber and why?

My 12 yr old bought it in .223 with all his saved up lawn mowing/snow shoveling $

I don't like tge green color, but it is a fun, pretty accurate gun

My 12 yr old bought it in .223 with all his saved up lawn mowing/snow shoveling $

I don't like tge green color, but it is a fun, pretty accurate gun
Ruger? I have a couple different color stocks that will fit it. I'd be happy to send one to a young hard working 12 year old for the postage.

.223, cheaper to shoot, ammo everywhere, tons of options for multiple critters, more shooting equals more fun.

.223 it is. Just picked up some Barnes 70 grain TSX. That ought to be a critter getter. Taking my SIG Cross to the dealer this weekend. Accurate rifle, but I just cannot get used to the chassis system on it. I feel like I can't keep the rifle steady. No beef to it. Anyway, might look for trading options. If they have a Springfield 2020 Rimfire, might see if I can do an even swap for the two. Gun prices are weird right now, though.

.223 it is. Just picked up some Barnes 70 grain TSX. That ought to be a critter getter. Taking my SIG Cross to the dealer this weekend. Accurate rifle, but I just cannot get used to the chassis system on it. I feel like I can't keep the rifle steady. No beef to it. Anyway, might look for trading options. If they have a Springfield 2020 Rimfire, might see if I can do an even swap for the two. Gun prices are weird right now, though.
Depending on twist rate and magazine length, you might struggle getting those to shoot well. Beauty of the Barnes is there isn’t really a great disadvantage of going down in weight. 55gr/62gr options will probably work just as well on game.

Ruger? I have a couple different color stocks that will fit it. I'd be happy to send one to a young hard working 12 year old for the postage.

That's real nice of you,but it's his gun, and he like the green, he had a choice in it, black, tan

I wonder how going about AI'ing a 5.56 would go as I assume most reamers are based on 223 and some of the neck/throat dimensions of a 556 chamber might be larger than those in a AI reamer. Or are there reamers that don't even touch the throat?

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back