Ruby mountains deer tag area 10 bow hunt

bcf

To all, I have a bow tag for the ruby’s. I can only hunt the last week due to some military commitments.

I have been gone for a few years due to deployments. I I plan on backpacking for a few days through along the ruby crest trail.

could anyone recommend any other places to glass.

I have been there before, But i have been out for awhile.

VR
BCF

The densities in the Rubies are very high. By going the last week, with all the tags issued, you will be hunting deer that have had some pressure. Some of them will have rubbed their velvet and will be more in the brush and aspnes that make up much of the mid-level habitat in the Rubies. I suspect if you get off into any of the basins that run away from the main crest, you will find deer.

It is some tough, nasty country, which is why it can hold so many deer and sustain so much hunting pressure (at least relative to Nevada hunting pressure). I have hunted the East Humbodlt part of the unit, and then some of the ancillary mountain ranges that are included in that tag. I have not hunted the Ruby, proper, so I cannot give any specific locations. I know some here have hunted where you are going and hopefully they will give you some tips via a Private Message.

Best of luck and thanks for your service.

Up high..and away from areas like Harrison Pass. Walk in a good ways and you'll start to see more deer. Access is tough from the west and north. It's a tough hunt for archery. It's so steep and rugged.

BCF
Give me a call and I'll help you out. I guided in the Ruby's from Lamoille to Harrison Pass for 15 years and we killed some great bucks. I'll be guiding on the north end this year.
Wes
801550-4973

If you need any more info or help let me know. I have some buddies that have the tag this year that will be hunting the area and have had the tag a few times. Also know some good hike-able areas where there are a lot of bucks.

Make sure you buy a small game/upland license and a judo point. If Ihad that tag I'd regret not being able to plunk a snowcock if the opportunity presented itself.

PS- That assumes it's all legal in NV, didn't check the regs.

Thank you

To all
Thank you for your replies. It is truly appreciated. I hope to be home by the 29th of August
I will then take off on the 3 rd of September to the 8th if possible. I have seen snow clocks before.
Has any fires been reported for that area. I saw that in an email and the news. I am looking at the lamoille trail head .
I figured that at my age of 51 and steep mountains I had better use a little more medication for my body and my feelers.

I will keep you all updated on this adventure.
Thank you all again for your responses.
Vr
Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back