Yeti GOBOX Collection

Roundup/Winnett, MT Water Outlook/Weather

Jezz

Just wanted to see if anyone has any info on precip and weather this area is getting this year, archery hunt is just around the corner. Seems the farther inland you get the weather has been extremely mild this year. TIA

I know that around Grassrange they have been getting helpful rain showers all summer long. I was out there a 2 weeks ago and the hills were still green. That's pretty good for that area. I know the heat of last week has dried stuff up but overall the area looks great.

Thanks. Looks like it has been pretty cool there this week, need some HOT days. Dang high of 55 in Denver the other day, strange summer. Don't need anymore rain, need some of those puddles to dry up.

It rained pretty good earlier this week.... got a little muddy... nuther shower this morn, but is going to dry quickly starting today/tommorrow!

Seeing good numbers of goats up there this year! (Roundup to Grass)

Jezz, I think that country looks as good as it does any where right now. I drive through it about once a week going to rodeos and have sure been seeing some good goats from the highway. Mild temps have sure helped the grass stay good. I think that we have better goats this year then we have in the past few years. Bucks don't seem to be in groups as much right now and have noticed them not too far from some herds of does. Time flys....good luck.

Got 4 tenths of an inch last nite. I slid off the road on the way home from Winnett, had to spend the night in the truck. At daylite built about a 20' rock wall to drive back onto the road. Gonna buy some tirechains next trip to town. If I'd had a pair for the front, I would have slept in bed last nite. Got black clouds everywhere and looks like more rain coming this evening. Sure is green though for this time of year. Lotsa speedgoats visible right around Winnett at the moment. If you need to know the weather between Winnett and the River just ask. twodot

Spent the last couple days in that area. Really amazing how green everything still is. Didn't watch much for speedgoats, but the whitetail sure are having an awesome year for horn growth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back