Round II with the sharptailed grouse

Big Sky

In my previous post it took me 6 shots to down my limit of 4 birds. I don't know if I was just having a good day yesterday or the edge is now off, but it only took 4 shots for 4 birds.

Same fence post as in my in my previous photo, but different birds and later in the day.
grouselimit2.sized.jpg

Here's me with my "GQ magazine hunter look". Sorry the photo makes me laugh. Strange how the sun just lit up only my face.

grouseTroy1_1.sized.jpg

Here's a photo that's a little more normal. Well, at least as normal as I can be anyway.
I call this a stringer of grouse.

GrouseTroy2.sized.jpg

IN that GQ picture, you need a tweed jacket, a smoking pipe, and your manservant holding your gun and tea.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
cool.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

The horizon line in the bottom picture has some awesome color on my SVGA screen. My guess is the actual photo would have some AWESOME color.

Congrats on the birds. How big of area is that you are hunting, in acres, and how much of it do you have to cover to whack a limit??

Elkgunner, the colors in the bottom photo are pretty much how they appear out here. Our town is called the "Sunrise City" for a reason. We have the most incredible sunrises and sunsets I've ever seen. See below photo to see what I mean.

The area I found the sharptails in is relatively small, hence my high rate of success. It's a safflower field that was cut a couple weeks ago. The sharpies have discovered it and are in there thick every evening. The field is maybe 100 acres if that. Have to admit it's nice when one finds a little gold mine.

I took this photo a couple weeks ago. If you look closely on the left side of the road there are three rooster pheasants. The colors in the sky have not been enhanced in any way, shape, or form.
Pheasant_Sunset.sized.jpg

You the man Troy. From your pics, it is obvious that I need to pose my birds in the non-strangle position.
biggrin.gif

I am guessing you are a little camera shy since you seem to be blushing in the second pic.
redface.gif

I love the sunset. Man life is good in MT.
biggrin.gif

Those are all great pics...Thanks for sharing...Way to go on your stringer of grouse..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back