Yeti GOBOX Collection

Roosevelt Elk Rub , what tha !!!!

Little Big Man MT Chris

Hey everyone out Blacktail Hunting Sunday afternoon here in NW Oregon I was doing a deer hunt / scouting trip have a late November rifle elk tag for the unit I'm in came across this GINORMOUS rub , I took a selfie of it and sent it to my friend John who called bullshit and said to stand up I was on my knees taking the pic , glad my girlfriend was along on this evening hunt she has a tag deer tag also and was able to take a pic of me next to the tree and as you can see it's not a small tree either ,im 5' 7" and this rub was about 2 feet above my outstretched hand, had to be like 8 ft high, just wanted to share this find with all the elk junkies out there and here some input , I've never been around Rocky Mt Elk so have no idea what a Big Rocky does to trees in the rut , for where I live and the elk rubs I normally see , this is so far beyond the norm like 3 times bigger, I wish I could have seen the beast that did this , would have been awesome
IMG_6372.jpg

Last edited:
I found this rub in August scouting a different area and I could just touch the tip of rub , i could tell the bull was using the meadow alot so I put a trail cam up and less than a week this 6x6 walk right in front of the tree that was rubbed, I know that bulls bend trees , this tree was 1/3 the size IMG_6373.jpgIMG_6374.jpg

Last edited:
I agree, they bend the tree over while rubbing it. Find them all the time , bent and rubbed and leaning and rubbed.

I’ve seen similar rubs like that in the saddle mtn unit where I have a first season hunt again this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back