Romney Campaign Announces Sportsmen for Romney

Ben Lamb

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1350462635hkmpaceb924

Featuring Melissa Simpson, the former(?) oil and gas lobbyist who tried to eliminate Roadless Areas under HR 1581 and reduce elk hunting opportunity for Americans, Representative Jason Chaffetz who wants to sell off your public lands, Crazy Michelle Bachman, Jeff Foxworthy, Wade Boggs, a passel of racing team owners and drivers and....

Dandy Don Peay.

The list reads like a whos who of the anti-wildlife and anti-public lands crowd with a few notable exceptions.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1350462635hkmpaceb924

Featuring Melissa Simpson, the former(?) oil and gas lobbyist who tried to eliminate Roadless Areas under HR 1581 and reduce elk hunting opportunity for Americans, Representative Jason Chaffetz who wants to sell off your public lands, Crazy Michelle Bachman, Jeff Foxworthy, Wade Boggs, a passel of racing team owners and drivers and....

Dandy Don Peay.

The list reads like a whos who of the anti-wildlife and anti-public lands crowd with a few notable exceptions.

Thanks for the post! I was on the fence but I'm definitely voting for Romney now.

So do you support Romney? And your thoughts on his conservation beliefs?

Whom I support is not important.

My thoughts on his conservation beliefs are this: I don't think he has any. He has surrounded himself with people who are actively trying to sell off public lands, erode wilderness, eliminate roadless areas and eliminate what few regulations are left on public land when it comes to oil and gas development.

He has a few people on there I know personally, and only one that I trust. So perhaps that's a ray of sunshine.

Outdoor Life did too. Ryan claims that he meant the excess buildings and instillation. However, that's not what's in the Path to Prosperity budget.

Whom I support is not important.

My thoughts on his conservation beliefs are this: I don't think he has any. He has surrounded himself with people who are actively trying to sell off public lands, erode wilderness, eliminate roadless areas and eliminate what few regulations are left on public land when it comes to oil and gas development.

He has a few people on there I know personally, and only one that I trust. So perhaps that's a ray of sunshine.

You're right, it doesn't matter who you support and is unimportant - didn't mean to offend. The second question is what I was really curious about. I agree with you as your assessment that Romney doesn't have any conservation beliefs. Ryan is one of those that is definitely one of those wanting to sell of public lands...

Interesting that he has decided to surround himself with a crew like this with these beliefs...

It's kind of a pickle...we may POSSIBLY lose some access to federal lands??? I say just as likely as losing some of our gun rights. What I do know is that it sure as hell won't matter when we are 20-30 TRILLION dollars in debt in the next ten years. No one will be able to afford to hunt anyways...not legally!

Any chance the Yankees will win tonight? Will Arod be on the bench?

Doing a meet and greet with Rick Santorum tomorrow at lunchtime. I kinda liked some of his ideas but he fizzled. Don't know how busy he will be, for he's here stumping for R&R, so might not be able to ask a pertinent question concerning policy for public land but will try.

Ben, more than 200 U.S. Representatives are on that list in addition to almost 50 advisories, but you manage to cherry-pick a handful of those who you find oppressive. I'd be more worried about a $16 trillion debt that is rising by the billions every month. Watch the news today about Spain. It is coming to the U.S., certainly with the re-election of Obama and "Uncle Joe" Biden.

My wife and I mailed in our absentee ballots today for Romney/Ryan.

Vote for Obama, I don't really care. Most of Helena, MT will do the same. You can always count on Helena, home of government employees, and Missoula, home of wacky liberals, and the Indian reservations in Montana to vote for Democrats.

Forward!

I live in central Houston - my neighbours would all rather sell off public lands to fund national public radio. Big Bird has more fans than elk or real birds. Who-ever wins, we need to stay active, and let the clowns in Washington know what is important to us.

One thing is for sure that everyone that goes to the poles knows that they are worse off financially now then they were 4 years ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back