Roadside crappers are back !

twodot

A few years ago, I made a post about how all along the roads here in the Breaks I was noticing toilet paper wads in the roads outside of some of the nicer looking camps that I would drive by. Nasty!
Well this year I noticed a nasty black slick spot in the road right after a camper was pulled out. Hmm?
Shortly after that, while the family and I were headed to Winnett one day, we pulled up behind a fifth-wheel rig that had just pulled out into the road. As he went up a hill we saw this mysterious black sludge pouring out from under his camper! Kinda pissed me off, so I crowded him a bit and as he would speed up or go uphill out would come the flow. This kept going on all the way from 79 Trail to just south of Blood creek. (over 20 miles) Got no idea how large his holding tank was, but it was quite surprising how far he could scatter this load.
Have I mentioned how I like my digital camera? I did manage to pull up behind him and take a picture of his rig and his Montana tag. Don't know what it costs to dump a trailer tank, but somehow I bet he can afford it.
Well once again today, I drove by a camp where the truck is parked 30-40 yards off the road. And sure as sh--, there is the tell tale paper and a nice pile in the middle of the road.
What is up with this? Is it some kind of regional tradition or what?
Anyway, I snapped a photo of the truck, and went on by. I think I will start saving these photos and at seasons end post the pictures somewhere for all to see.
Please HuntTalkers, don't let yourselves be in the crowd of Roadside Crappers that seem to roam the hills this season. twodot

I have seen similar things while at lake Texoma and Grand lake. Boats that would never move but people stayed on them. Sometimes in the middle of the night the marina would start to stink because some a-hole would pump out. I have also seen people who instead of paying 7 bucks to pump out at the marina would do so while underway in the middle of the lake.

I thought you were talking about the waterless crappers along some stretches of road in the West. Not a full rest stops but just one or two crappers along the road. I think there is one between SLC and Elko, NV. Anyway, those can be as nasty a place you will encounter outside a war zone and makes you wonder what people are eating these days that results in a tremendous spray pattern. C'mon, fiber can be your buddy.

I thought it was about people taking dumps roadside....which I recently had to do in Idaho after driving 13 straight hours and drinking 4 five hour energy's and two red bulls there was not an option to make it to the next exit.

A coworker in Winnett said one time she saw a big bag of trash down in a coulee off Crooked Creek so she climbed down and picked it up. She took it home and dug through it hoping to find some sort of address or name so she could mail it back. She didn't find anything but that was a great (but disgusting) idea.

Twodot, I really wish we could do some sort of license plate lookup and you could send him a box of deuce.

My buddy was on his way to work one evening. He noticed a new cooler sitting along the entrance ramp to the highway. He quickly threw it into his truck and took off before he got runover. He stopped for gas the next morning while heading home. He had totally forgotten about the cooler from the night before. He had imagined it might contain some beer or picnic goodies. What he found was a huge sh!t, and a big wad of toilet paper. Wow, a cooler full of free sh!t! He said he left it sit along the pump at the gas station. Beware, of free coolers.

jryoung, nothing wrong with crapping roadside. The problem is crapping roadside and leaving the mess for all to see. How about scooping out a little hole with your boot, then kick a bit of dirt over the mess.
Or, better yet, how about taking 10 steps away from the road where nobody will ever notice it?
Let's look at this a bit differently.
Say there are two camps 100 yards apart at a Trailhead .
One camp has a weeks worth of dumping and paper in the road in front of it.
The other has a few shallow graves discreetly scattered about in the brush a couple of hundred yards in each direction.
Now here comes the Subaru that looks like a RedBull can with the girls wanting to give away complementary samples of their beverage.

Who do you think is going to be enjoying free RedBull?

Let that be your incentive on this please.

I agree wholeheartedly, I just wanted people to know I pooped roadside. :)

Seriously though, making a crapper is serious business for us at elk camp.

BXoVtb_CYAA4pld.jpg:large

jryoung, nothing wrong with crapping roadside. The problem is crapping roadside and leaving the mess for all to see. How about scooping out a little hole with your boot, then kick a bit of dirt over the mess.
Or, better yet, how about taking 10 steps away from the road where nobody will ever notice it?
Let's look at this a bit differently.
Say there are two camps 100 yards apart at a Trailhead .
One camp has a weeks worth of dumping and paper in the road in front of it.
The other has a few shallow graves discreetly scattered about in the brush a couple of hundred yards in each direction.
Now here comes the Subaru that looks like a RedBull can with the girls wanting to give away complementary samples of their beverage.

Who do you think is going to be enjoying free RedBull?

Let that be your incentive on this please.

Hold on, you mean to tell me red bull girls will swing by a hunting camp in Montana? That place is looking better all the time.

I thought it was about people taking dumps roadside....which I recently had to do in Idaho after driving 13 straight hours and drinking 4 five hour energy's and two red bulls there was not an option to make it to the next exit.

On my way home this year, heading east on 94 through eastern Montana, I saw a guy sitting on the tongue of his boat trailer taking a dump. Second grossest thing I saw on my 3,800 mile adventure.

LOL!! Been there done that! I've created some roadside "ampersand" masterpieces a time or two. Far enough from the roadside headlights because I am a nervous pooper.

I have been encountering this kind of behavior more and more. What pisses me off more than anything is the guys that leave their deposits right in the middle of a trail or closed road. COME ON PEOPLE...at the minimum take a few steps off the trail and find a nice tree to fertilize. I prefer to spend my time in the woods looking for game instead of watching out for land mines.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
northernmaineguide
Back