Redneck yard art. Aka “It’s a Jeep thing…”

44hunter45

Thankfully no injuries. 16 YO kid “failed to negotiate the turn” in front of our place yesterday.

I was in the house and heard it happen. We are 200 yards back from the road. I looked out and saw a cloud of dust and a rig casters up.

Called it in as I was heading out to investigate it and found him ok but trapped inside. On the phone with his mom. He didn’t call 911.

He said all the doors where jammed. But he was too jacked on adrenaline to think it through. I talked him through hitting the power lock button and I was able to get the rear swing gate open. He came out under his own power. I was glad I did not have to touch or move him.

Got him to walk over and sit in the shade and did triage. Made him sit there under that tree until EMS arrived for a full checkout

4 hours in the sun between the boom and EMS, LE, and power company vacating. Power company because he took out a power pole. So no power for 4 hours either.

Had to keep the fridge and freezer doors closed, so we went to town and ate out.

9AAA882C-71C1-4C65-B010-434477C9DA36.jpeg

Him and his dad are coming to replace our mailbox today. Sheared the post off right at the ground. That's it laying in the grass between the rig and the small tree to the left in the second pic.

If it was an old CJ or YJ you could just flip it over it will crank up. With the new ones I am sure there are some sensors that will have to be reset. Looks like it should buff out....

It looks like loose rocks on a semi-hard surface, add speed, wide tires, inexperience, a curve, and the results can be bad. Glad he did not get hurt.

At least he had a real jack.

What kind of empty can is that laying there - pop or beer?

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back