RMEF Elk Camp - 2013

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure how many of you are headed to Las Vegas this coming week for the annual Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Elk Camp, but if you are, I hope to catch up with you. Always a fun time and a good place to catch up with a lot of fellow elk hunters and volunteers.

RMEF Elk Camp is in Vegas again this year. Dates are February 28 to March 3. Held at the Las Vegas Convention and Visitor Center.

If you are there, I will be at the RMEF booth, the Federal booth, Leupold booth, HuntingGPSmaps booth, and giving a few seminars on wolf hunting and finding public land elk. Hope you can be there.

It will be in Vegas again next year, so if you can't make it this year, maybe next year. Got to meet a lot of Hunt Talkers there last year. Hoping the Hunt Talk crowd can make a good appearance again this year.

I plan to be there, and to take careful notes of which tree the public land elk is standing by.

I got a plane ticket and hotel reservations, but someone forgot to tell my job that I shouldn't have to work this coming weekend. Not looking good right now.

When will the RMEF bring the show back to let's say.......................an actual real elk state?;)

When will the RMEF bring the show back to let's say.......................an actual real elk state?;)

+1. That said the problem is convention logistics. Need a large convention hall. Count SEA, PDX, DEN, PHX, SLC, LAS, ABQ in. Need good air service preferable with hub to national markets. Count SEA, DEN, PHX, SLC, LAS. Need a hook to attract attendees and also vendors during February. SEA, DEN, SLC cold. Kinda like home for most elk hunters. PHX or LAS. Vegas Baby!!

It would be neat if RMEF had state level conventions. Chapters do a good job but the power of 100's if greater than 10's. Might also give RMEF a chance to mobilize members on a state level basis for political action, special fund raising, and idea sharing. Add a trade show with some hunting seminars and food/drink could be a good thing.

p.s I wish I had time to make it to Vegas. Gotta save time off to visit my boy in DFW in April. It will be rough not having him to hunt with this year. Maybe he can get time off next year.

They had the convention up Oregon a few years back and attendance wasn't up to par.
Fact is, everybody likes to go to Las Vegas or Reno.

I can't make it this year, to many other things on the burner. I'll see you in 2014 Big Fin.

My recollection is that the RMEF had an Eastern elk camp in Rochester NY back in the mid-90's. Apparently it did not generate enough business to be repeated.

We will be in booth #473 everyday! Feel FREE to stop by and visit.

156409_10152574982055720_621813771_n.jpg

+1. That said the problem is convention logistics. Need a large convention hall. Count SEA, PDX, DEN, PHX, SLC, LAS, ABQ in. Need good air service preferable with hub to national markets. Count SEA, DEN, PHX, SLC, LAS. Need a hook to attract attendees and also vendors during February. SEA, DEN, SLC cold. Kinda like home for most elk hunters. PHX or LAS. Vegas Baby!!

It would be neat if RMEF had state level conventions. Chapters do a good job but the power of 100's if greater than 10's. Might also give RMEF a chance to mobilize members on a state level basis for political action, special fund raising, and idea sharing. Add a trade show with some hunting seminars and food/drink could be a good thing.

p.s I wish I had time to make it to Vegas. Gotta save time off to visit my boy in DFW in April. It will be rough not having him to hunt with this year. Maybe he can get time off next year.

It use to move around quite a bit. I've been to them in Denver, ALB and Salt lake. Probably just being a baby because I can't go.

The first one I got to go to was in 1986 in Denver, talk about a big deal to a elk crazed 14 year old!

Last edited:
It use to move around quite a bit. I've been to them in Denver, ALB and Salt lake. Probably just being a baby because I can't go.

The first one I got to go to was in 1986 in Denver, talk about a big deal to a elk crazed 14 year old!

I know they are looking for headliners for evening entertainment. Reading some of your posts and having spent a few dinners with you, I think you might be able to get the Thursday night headline gig, allowing you to get paid to go to Elk Camp.

Hey Dink you might talk Colorado Buck into teaming up. Kinda like the old team of Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr.

Cant you just see the marquis.........

COLORADOS TWO SEXIEST ELK HUNTERS

One night only!!!!!

I know they are looking for headliners for evening entertainment. Reading some of your posts and having spent a few dinners with you, I think you might be able to get the Thursday night headline gig, allowing you to get paid to go to Elk Camp.

The wife just said she doesn’t find me particularly funny……………….

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back