Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

RMEF - 18,000 acres of new public access

thanks Big Fin for posting the Montana Cadastral site. Now I know why you had to fly in to that area.
I put that new parcel on google earth. If any one would like the kmz file please let me know. is it hard to get a tag for that area, I would be out of state hunter? thanks, doug

Thanks RMEF for not only buying habitat but using some resources to purchase free public access. I'm glad I rejoined RMEF after they took an active role in getting State management of wolves.

Will the purchase be a corner-to-corner access situation? Just asking after reviewing the map in this thread.

Thanks RMEF for not only buying habitat but using some resources to purchase free public access. I'm glad I rejoined RMEF after they took an active role in getting State management of wolves.

Will the purchase be a corner-to-corner access situation? Just asking after reviewing the map in this thread.

No corner to corner. It has been surveyed and this is one of those "adjustment sections" that is platted in such a way that there is a 30'overlap with the USFS section, rather than minute corner intersection.

Very cool.

But I am curious as to which 18,000 acres you are referring to? The chunk of forest is larger than 18,000 acres and already has some access. Is it just a rough estimate of land that will have improved access?

But I am curious as to which 18,000 acres you are referring to? The chunk of forest is larger than 18,000 acres and already has some access. Is it just a rough estimate of land that will have improved access?

That is what I was wondering because there is a trail head only 1.5 miles to the south east of this land....but there is a steep ravine (cliffy gully) between the two points. I wasn't sure why a set of stairs/bridge/trail or something couldn't be installed but I suppose purchasing land is another way to do it. If the land wasn't purchased, building a trail would be another solution. As for the acreage figure...I'm not sure exactly how that is calculated either? It is possible the acerage is hyped up a bit to drum up popularity for the idea but even if it were 1000 acres I think many people would be on board for it. And yes, the helicoptor spot in Randy's films is well over 20 miles away in a secret location but it should still hold good elk.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back