Yeti GOBOX Collection

RL-26?

I need to do some more playing with the 181 hammers. H1000 was accurate at 3250fps but any faster and things went south
Go to Retumbo or RL-25. As said I want to try N 570 also. I have never used H1000 in my RUM. Not enough speed. mtmuley

Anybody got a line on this stuff recently? I’ve been looking for months, had it backordered through Cabelas, and they just cancelled the order.

Reloder 26 is a great powder that works well in several calibers, but really shines in the .270 and 7-08. In some cartridges, like the 7 mag, I got nearly as good of velocities with other powders. I like it for the Creed and save it for that only, because it is so hard to get. I bought eight pounds before it got popular.

Not a fan of ball powders. Used some Ramshot years ago. Rifle hated it. I have 4 pounds of Retumbo and 5 of RL-25. Just want to see if I can squeeze a bit more speed out of the old girl. mtmuley

Ball powders have their advantages and disadvantages. Their ignition issues may be too much to work around in a magnum sized case. I don’t know. I have a few BLC-(2) loads in 223AI and 308 that I wouldn’t trade for anything else.

Last edited:
Reloder 26 is a great powder that works well in several calibers, but really shines in the .270 and 7-08. In some cartridges, like the 7 mag, I got nearly as good of velocities with other powders. I like it for the Creed and save it for that only, because it is so hard to get. I bought eight pounds before it got popular.

What's your load in 7-08 using RL26? What velocity are you getting with it?

Thanks

Redrock in Miles City just got a bunch of RL-26 today. Currently am sitting on a bunch of H-1000 Retumbo RL-26 and varget I will sleep well tonight. 😉

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back