RIP Swiss Family Robinson

I grilled an elk burger today, so I decided to post the lengthy story of the hunt that gave me this elk. I decided to go hunting at about noon. Got to my glassing spot by 1600. I spotted a group of bulls and decided to take one of them home and eat him. Pulled the trigger at about 1800, had him packed out by about 0100. The burger was good.

View attachment 177036
View attachment 177040View attachment 177039View attachment 177041
Magical, magical...... well done partner!

Really? On January sixth over 100,000 Trump supporters went to DC to support Trump peacefully. The capital police removed barricades, AND OPENED THE DOOR. About 800 whack jobs entered the capital building. In testimony before Congress it was revealed that NOT ONE firearm was recovered inside the building during or after the fact. The only shooting victim was unarmed woman OUTSIDE the capital building, and you think it’s the worst attack in your life? I don’t support what those people did, but compared to the size of the crowd, the number of people who went in there is minuscule. If they had been there to kill people they easily could have.

100,000 people outside. The capital building is breeched, and not one elected official died, yet the security they were provided would have barely been adequate for a handful of armed people, and you think it’s the worst attack since you’ve been alive?

Take a look at the picture, and tell me if you think that the capital police fended those people off. The answer is “no”. They didn’t have to because that was not an insurrection and if Trump had attempt to incite one, he would have failed.

The only way one can sort truth from lies if all sides are allowed to speak and be heard. As soon as the government becomes the arbiter of truth, you will see what really happens when lies are held up over truths.
When was the last time the US states capitol was attacked? Did you listen to his speech? Words have meaning. At least with me.

When was the last time the US states capitol was attacked? Did you listen to his speech? Words have meaning. At least with me.
Yeah I did listen to his speech. Words do have meaning. He did not call for violence in any way.

The “attack” was a pitiful joke that the capital police should have quashed well before it got so out of hand.

Your favorite party is giving the Boston Bomber a $1400 check, and you’re calling an unruly mob that should have been dealt with before they were practically invited into the capital the worst attack on the US in your lifetime. Literally every other attack on the US in your lifetime was worse. OK City bombing, Boston Bombing, 911, Muslim terrorist couple in San Bernardino, were you alive for the attempted Reagan assassination, Benghazi is just one embassy attack of dozens, and that stuff is off the top of my head. But yeah, a mob in the capital building is worse than all of that.

I would like to know who on earth told the police to remove the barricades and open the door.

Had that lame excuse for an insurrection not happened we might seen whatever evidence exists about vote fraud, and some decent arguments one way or the other. Instead, some terrible police work and some nut jobs were used as an excuse to rush through the job and claim that certifying the election results was the only way to keep 800 people living in fantasy land from “winning”. America lost that day, but not because 800 idiots went into the capital. America lost because what should have been days or weeks of debate with good media coverage turned into a few hours of rushed debate behind closed doors.

And seriously, all of the investigation into Jan 6th should be into the total lack of preparedness and response. How on earth has media not asked if Trump had anything to do with the capital being so unprotected and the police basically ushering them inside?

Last edited:
I was thinking about the 44-6 GOP Senate votes in favor of the election when I typed this. But you are right the house was 90-121 on AZ. That gives us 134-127 of GOP congressional members. So my characterization of "majority" was correct. But still no badge of honor for them that day.
As was my statement that a majority of GOP members in the house voted with the big lie. Including the minority leader and his right hand man.

Look at the backlash members like Liz Cheney have taken for not going along with the big lie.

McCarthy even went to Mar-a-Lago to kiss and make up with Trump. Now he fills his time showing us he can read a children's book.

There are now many GOP controlled legislatures conjuring up ways to limit turnout of ethnic voters. How is that consistent with strengthening a democracy? The GOP knows that when voter turnout is high, they lose. So their answer is not figuring out how to attract more voters,,it's suppressing the vote of the portion of the electorate they don't think they can attract.

There are now many GOP controlled legislatures conjuring up ways to limit turnout of ethnic voters. How is that consistent with strengthening a democracy? The GOP knows that when voter turnout is high, they lose. So their answer is not figuring out how to attract more voters,,it's suppressing the vote of the portion of the electorate they don't think they can attract.
Lots of unsupported hyperbole. Trump got more votes than Obama even adjusted for population inflation. Simple voter ID etc is a basis of credible elections, not suppression. The voter verification rules of many US states wouldn't meet the minimum requirements for UN moderated elections when it comes to preventing multiple votes and voter eligibility - the DEMS like banana republic elections too apparently.

Instead of making voter fraud easier, we should make legitimate voting easier - like moving the election to a Saturday or making election Tuesday a national holiday - requiring employers to given paid time off to vote - having easier and more secure early vote options - etc. I want every eligible citizen to vote once and in their proper district. It shouldn't be this hard. And it's not just some in the GOP that are playing games, there are plenty of DEM operatives that try to make it easy for inelligible voters to slip through the cracks to boost their numbers.

After the 2000 debacle Florida re-designed their system and it went smooth as silk this year. The other 49 states should take a lesson from FL (words I have never uttered before).

Back to cancel culture guys View attachment 177050

Happy Friday....

If everyone in this country is so offended by everything then who the hell is raising all those kids on tiktok and those kids mothers for that matter?
A good reminder both sides have lost their way and are too busy "scoring points" to look at the real issues facing most Americans.

We literally do it all the time. The entire government is basically set up to do that exact thing, where it's deciding if the police or a citizen is lying about a murder, or if any particular legislation is right/constitution/ethical.
I thought we were talking about defining a single social truth on a number of divisive topics to restore social order. I was not talking about a month-long trial that gets reversed about a third of the time and where "eye witness" testimony defines 90% of the outcome even though science has repeatedly shown how questionable it is in "fact". Nor were we talking about general political policymaking. On this latter point, does your point suggest you were comfortable with the "truth" as defined by our duly elected GOP Senate and duly elected POTUS from 2016-2020? And if their votes and policies were the final arbitration of the "truth" how can we allow Biden and Schumer to re-write the "truth" a few months later? Government is not at all set up to determine the "truth" or to regulate speech. In fact, our government was set up in a manner to prevent that.

If it had gone worse would you still think that? What if the crowd was 10x, what if they killed our legislators and actually succeeded in overthrowing our government?
What if the British had won the war of 1812, what if Lindberg would have beaten FDR and aligned US with Germany, what if on 9/11 the fourth plane would have taken out a sitting Congress? Lots of great questions, but I do not believe we should throw away freedom of speech on a mere hypothetical.
In terms of things like people dying from drunk drivers or individual killings, sure I'm fine. 9/11 didn't warrant the patriot act. But when there becomes the real risk of a radicalized group attempting to overthrow our government I damn sure find there to be a need for correction.
Are you as concerned about anti-fa's stated anarchist goals? Occupy Wall Street's demands for Marxist revolution? The most radical parts on the fringes of BLM taking over Seattle and Portland for weeks/months? If so, I accept your thoughts as a fair concern. But if the few hours at the capital by the evil GOP are your only worry, then I view your perspective as merely partisan politics.

But regardless, either way I do not believe regulation of free speech reduces the power of revolutionaries, history says it emboldens them and raises popular support for their cause, not the government's.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back