Yeti GOBOX Collection

RIP Prince Philip

I'm no fan of royalty, but he was an amazing spouse & partner. To live in the shadow like he did for all those years, while being a steadfast companion & source of support is an amazing testament to their marriage.

This is an interesting take. After learning more about the royal family and discussing it with my UK born grandparents and mom, they were no fan of his.

Edited to add: I have no intention of backing that up with more information or trying to defend their opinion. It's just your take is the first time I've heard it as far as I'm aware.

This is an interesting take. After learning more about the royal family and discussing it with my UK born grandparents and mom, they were no fan of his.

Edited to add: I have no intention of backing that up with more information or trying to defend their opinion. It's just your take is the first time I've heard it as far as I'm aware.

It's an outsiders view, for sure. Just how I saw it. I could be wrong, it's happened once before.

I read a fact check on this and apparently he dressed in this outfit frequently for various functions and they were really laughing about an event that was disrupted by a crap-ton of bees. Lol.
Yes, that is snope's version, and...prolly get fired pranking the queen. But I like the humanity of the pic...

Last edited:
I'm no fan of royalty, but he was an amazing spouse & partner. To live in the shadow like he did for all those years, while being a steadfast companion & source of support is an amazing testament to their marriage.
I used to think it was silly that the British maintained the Royal Family. I have rethought that position. Far better to have a King and Queen with little real power than to make royalty out of your politicians. JFK, The Bush family, The Clinton's, the Obama's and even Trump have been given far too much of the royal treatment by segments of US society for my liking.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back