Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

RIP Dusty Hill ZZ Bassist

Got to meet Billy Gibbons back in the 80's. He was good friends with a local music shop owner and a couple of us would get the heads up when Billy would stop in town. Never got to meet Dusty.

putting on tin foil hat.... wonder if he was vaccinated lately?

Well sh*t, I had tickets to a concert in 3 weeks.

2001, in the broadcasting booth of 107.9 the River for the lunch request hour, blasting Under Pressure on 11 on the studio monitors, shaking the building.

Thanks for the music & the memories Dusty.

My wife and I have seen them twice. The first time was when she was about 8 month pregnant with my son so it would have been 1986.
That might be where he got his music skills cause he is one hell of a sax player.
The second time was at Tahoe Stateline NV. My wife and I had a good laugh because before the concert we were looking around and I said "look at all the old people". And she says I hate to tell you but they're all our age. ;)

I got to see them with Brookes and Dunn. Incredible show especially considering we got to see them sitting in the sound stage directly in front of them. When they finished Brookes and Dunn joined them on stage for an awesome triple encore.

to bad to see him go,,ive been to 2 concerts and they were great,,always maxed out my truck stereo back in my high school days to zz top and van halen.
Came out of the mountains in Utah last year to find out EVH had died and was up riding the Beartooth Highway in Montana this week and got back to phone service and a friend text and said Dusty died.

Came out of the mountains in Utah last year to find out EVH had died and was up riding the Beartooth Highway in Montana this week and got back to phone service and a friend text and said Dusty died.
Thats it ur done...surrender your hiking boots!

So glad I had thr chance to see those guys, Dusty could sing like nobody's business, play some of the funkiest baselines, his right hand seemed like it was literally linked to Frank's right foot.. all the while looking like the epitome of cool. Billy said it often.. same three guys, same three chords... Sad day, thanks for the tunes dusty!

Damn. My parents brought me to ZZ Top in Billings when I was 4 years old. Seeing them is one of my first 5 memories.

Saw ZZ Top live decades ago in the old, now-demolished Market Square Arena in Indianapolis - the last venue where Elvis Presley played. May they all RIP.

1980 concert...

[edit, It takes a while for Dusty's voice to warm up but if they are 1/10th this good in Missoula I'll be happy. I wish I would have seen them in the 80's when I had a chance.]

Last edited:
Back