PEAX Equipment

Rifle for the ranch.

Dakota79

What would you guys and gals recommend for a rifle to just bang around the ranch with to shoot coyotes and such when out checking cattle in the pickup or side by side? I don't want anything fancy and expensive but rather tough and durable. It won't be abused but dang sure used and bounced around. What about scopes?

I'm kind of in the middle of nowhere. Do I order online or make a trip to town?

Iron Sights and Short. Lever actions are a great choice as is the mini 14.

I like the Ruger GSR myself. The only drawback to that gun for that purpose is that it is LOUD. Can't wait till my can gets out of suppressor jail.

Plenty of suggestions already, but I'd also consider what's offered by Howa and Savage. Always nice to see how a gun 'feels' in person, but I've used GrabAGun, Buds and Gunbroker. I'm pretty open on caliber, but I like 223, 22-250, 243 and 6 & 6.5 Creedmoor. I'd very strongly suggest hanging some steel targets on the ranch and getting some trigger therapy. I've got a good assortment of steel in a small canyon here on the farm and find ringing steel to be very thera'pew'tic.

Plenty of suggestions already, but I'd also consider what's offered by Howa and Savage. Always nice to see how a gun 'feels' in person, but I've used GrabAGun, Buds and Gunbroker. I'm pretty open on caliber, but I like 223, 22-250, 243 and 6 & 6.5 Creedmoor. I'd very strongly suggest hanging some steel targets on the ranch and getting some trigger therapy. I've got a good assortment of steel in a small canyon here on the farm and find ringing steel to be very thera'pew'tic.

Ideally it would be short and light. Yes we have lots of steel and paper targets set up anywhere between 100 yards and 1200 yards. I agree shooting just for entertainment and trigger time is a blast.

Something like this would also work but I can't seem to find what kind of scope is on it. I don't need a $1000 scope but I don't want a piece of junk either.Have any of you had this rifle and scope combo?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back