Rico Colorado First Rifle weather

kelley12

I am headed to the Rico area later this week for the first rifle season. Just seeing if anyone has been in the area and could give a weather update. Coming from Michigan so any help would be great.

Thanks

U ever hunted that area before? I've hunted it twice in archery and once in 1st rifle. Don't know current conditions but when I did hunt first rifle weather was great up until the day before the season, then it was posthole hiking in the snow!!! Good area, quite a few elk; antlers seem to have more mass than around Cortez area, lots of wilderness land so u don't have to deal w so much of the orange army 4wheeler crew. Pm me if u need some spots to start out w.

I was up there Friday night. Camped over night. Down in the lower 30s at night. Snow in the forecast this week in the high country. Headed up tomorrow to grouse Hunt and scout for 3rd season. It’s looking like this week, into 1st season will be cold at night with off and on snow with not much accumulation. Days are going to be 50-60s. When I get GPS weather tomorrow I will let you. Good luck.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cityslicker
Back