MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Retiring and moving back to Montana

Chris D

I was born in Havre, MT and then decided to join the Army and the next thing I know it's been over 20 years and I figured it's time to retire in the Big Sky County. I will be retiring in the Bitterroot Valley and spend time with my family and enjoy the great outdoors until my wife decides I need to work again :hump:. I have been lurking for a year or so and finally have a little time to join.

Welcome home soldier! Thank you for your service to this great country! I hunt close to Stanford!

Congrats on the retirement, I start mine 15 sept after 23 years so I know what your going thru and I am hopeful my wife allows me to focus on hunting and fishing for awhile also. Enjoy montana you earned It!

C

I'll be in that boat in 25-26 months from now! I am originally from the Glasgow-Ophiem area but want to retire in the western side. Everyday I am getting nervous, I know once I line a job up for the wife and I will be easier. Ob yeah and a place to live...

Goodluck and enjoy your time!

I appreciate all the well wishes and I am very excited as it's time to move on from the Army and me and my family absolutely love the Bitterroot Valley area. I was in Afghanistan and my regimental Warrant Officer said we need you in Aberdeen, MD and I said it I go I'm retiring in 3 years when I hit 20 years. He didn't believe a word and the very day I was eligible to submit my request for retirement I did. I start terminal leave on 27 September and retire on 1 December.

So for the last 3 years we have been traveling all over Montana when I get leave and we were blown away by the Bitterroot area. I have spent a month there the last 2 years hunting elk around Gird Point and the Skalkaho area in 261. This year I decided to put in for 270 for the bull tag. I wanted to move to the Darby area, but, my wife liked the Stevensville school to much when we toured it and hey it's also a very nice area. My family won't be moving until next summer as my wife doesn't want to move kids in school from Iowa where they live where she's plus she's a nurse and is very supportive so I will in the mountains every day hunting, fishing, and hiking and then house hunting once and awhile:hump:

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back