Response from the office of the Governor...VA

Maryland has done a great job with land management and acquisition as well. I have seen some lands purchased that might make you wonder what the fit could possibly be. After a few years you find out they have acquired additional property and it starts to come together like a puzzle.

Since he signed the Sunday hunting bill into law, he's good in my book.

Since he signed the Sunday hunting bill into law, he's good in my book.

We have a few hunting Sundays in Maryland. It's way better than it was (zero), but we still have a bunch of Sundays that don't qualify.

I also used the link but unfortunately, our folks didn't have enough respect to respond.

Mdhunter, take a look at HB0310. To be brief, it would require hunters to stop hunting at 10:30am on Sunday's. While it currently only affects Montgomery County, it is the desire of the Md. Horse Council to push it statewide. i have sat thru several meetings listening to their BS regarding safety for the horse, rider and hounds as they are fox chasers. The truth is, like most of the east, the hunters are leasing up all of the private grounds and they can no longer trespass due to the hunters being in the woods. As in most hound hunting, it's hard to control where the dogs go. Another knife in the hunters back is the fact that "fox chasing" is not considered hunting. Kind of hard to not consider it hunting when the hounds tear the fox to shreds, if caught.

I also used the link but unfortunately, our folks didn't have enough respect to respond.

Mdhunter, take a look at HB0310. To be brief, it would require hunters to stop hunting at 10:30am on Sunday's. While it currently only affects Montgomery County, it is the desire of the Md. Horse Council to push it statewide. i have sat thru several meetings listening to their BS regarding safety for the horse, rider and hounds as they are fox chasers. The truth is, like most of the east, the hunters are leasing up all of the private grounds and they can no longer trespass due to the hunters being in the woods. As in most hound hunting, it's hard to control where the dogs go. Another knife in the hunters back is the fact that "fox chasing" is not considered hunting. Kind of hard to not consider it hunting when the hounds tear the fox to shreds, if caught.

A quick read tells me there are some nut bags out your way (just kidding). Only a bunch of fox hound hunters would know legislators well enough to propose something so stupid. I am over in Wicomico County and we are poor enough over this way that fox hunting with horses and hounds just doesn't exist...Hopefully the bill dies in committee.

Just when you think we are making headway with Sunday hunting we find more hurdles.

Sorry for the thread high jack.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back