Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Researching a Hunt - Outfitter Camp Locations?

Thank you everyone who posted a helpful reply. I didn't mean to stir up trouble with a simple question. I posted it in case I was missing some type of obvious or simple way to research this.

We've been scouring Google Earth for the last few evenings and have a Plan A-D. Our top choices likely would not have an outfitter camp in them due to their locations. A couple of our backup plans may, and one area we looked at had an obvious one visible on the satellite images. I'll try the forest service again and then maybe the warden. I'm sure they get more than their share of calls from nonresidents and if I can solve this puzzle without bothering them, I'd definitely prefer it.

Good luck in the draws, everyone!

Call FS & G&F and ask different folks.
Call the outfitter that has permits for area and explain yourself. I have gotten some great tips.
I have had it work into a drop camp, pack out animal option 3 times. Some great friendships built on honesty.
BS too is an answer.
You sometimes get the answer by what is not said....

1st off,avoid any stock trail.
Or places that have only one access, that everyone uses.
I usually avoid any trail much anymore.
I have found you don't have to go as far as you thought most times. And hunting public lands can always be a surprise.
Don't know how many times I've seen no one in obvious places and remote spots crawling with folks.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back