Caribou Gear Tarp

Reputable and Disreputable Online Retailers

REI: Been a member since the 80's. Great sales and service.
Yeah a bit greenie and city hikerish. I just switch from camo hat to Pie Town cap and all is well. Amazing clothes the women are wearing these days...nevermind.
I online ordered the Lowa's. No need for entanglements ,they would never move to Pie Town,those gals...LOL

I've been a Danner freak for 40 years give or take. I remember when they were less than 100 bucks and if you called Danner in Portland you could ask for Bill Danner and get him. They have steadily gone down hill especially since Lacrosse bought them out. My opinion is that Danner is nothing more than high priced Chinese junk even if some are still made in Portland. Their quality control is non existent.
How do the sizes in lowas run? True to size? Big, small? I'm ordering some now.

I've been a Danner freak for 40 years give or take. I remember when they were less than 100 bucks and if you called Danner in Portland you could ask for Bill Danner and get him. They have steadily gone down hill especially since Lacrosse bought them out. My opinion is that Danner is nothing more than high priced Chinese junk even if some are still made in Portland. Their quality control is non existent.
How do the sizes in lowas run? True to size? Big, small? I'm ordering some now.
Gotta know YOUR true size. Danners are in US sizes and my 11 foot took 11 1/2 Danners. 20 years ago.
Euro sizes are a size smaller than US I believe. I got US 11's for winter Tibet boots for sock room and 9 1/2 UK for the new ones. New ones have sizes listed inside & none are US.
They would be a bit short if I was heavy packing down a trail. But with the large toe box they never hit the end.
I would find a store to try them on. Or talk to them. I found the Tibets in an REI and they fit great. I just said I wear 11 US.
I bought the 1st 2 pairs on ebay 1/2 price NIB from folks who bought a half size too large and did not know it.

I'll look for an REI store. I'll probably have to go to town in the next week or so. Probably best to try some for fit first.
Good idea. Take the socks you would normally wear hunting.
I went in with liners & med woolies on.

I've only used Optics Planet a few times, but I've never had a problem. Midway is good, but a bit pricey. Still, Midway has been pretty good about selection.

For strictly ammo and guns, I like grabagun.com. I like SGammo.com for ammo.

OP is right about Bass Pro and Cabela's. They lie about stock. Ask them if they have a Kel-Tec Python 12-shot revolver chambered in .338 Lapua with spare magazines and made in Antarctica. They say its in stock so order now.

My 4th update from optics planet. This is typical of a company that sells what they don't have in stock.

"Items to be Shipped
Pachmayr Field Recoil Pads D750B, Black w/ Black Base - Medium, 1.0 Thick1 of 2 — Pachmayr Field Recoil Pads D750B, Black w/ Black Base - Medium, 1.0 Thick
Code: YR-RC-AADCEC-01317
New Estimated Ship Date: Wednesday, May 04, 2022"

My 4th update from optics planet. This is typical of a company that sells what they don't have in stock.

"Items to be Shipped
Pachmayr Field Recoil Pads D750B, Black w/ Black Base - Medium, 1.0 Thick1 of 2 — Pachmayr Field Recoil Pads D750B, Black w/ Black Base - Medium, 1.0 Thick
Code: YR-RC-AADCEC-01317
New Estimated Ship Date: Wednesday, May 04, 2022"
Why not cancel the order? I'll usually tolerate one bump, but never more.

Sometimes cancellation actually gets them to you pronto. Back in the 90s, I ordered two very expensive PCs for work. (They were going into a product, not to someone's desk) They jerked us around on ship dates for weeks. I finally cancelled the order.

Two days later, they arrived, shipped red, so they had rushed them out after I cancelled, claiming the messages crossed paths. I was so pissed I sent them back anyway and bought another brand.

Why not cancel the order? I'll usually tolerate one bump, but never more.

Sometimes cancellation actually gets them to you pronto. Back in the 90s, I ordered two very expensive PCs for work. (They were going into a product, not to someone's desk) They jerked us around on ship dates for weeks. I finally cancelled the order.

Two days later, they arrived, shipped red, so they had rushed them out after I cancelled, claiming the messages crossed paths. I was so pissed I sent them back anyway and bought another brand.
They had the pads for 26 bucks instead of 38 like other companies. I just picked one up from cramazons scratch and dent for 28 bucks. I'll leave this one on back order because of the savings. Having an extra butt pad or two on the shelf never hurts.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back