Renamed: crisis averted

Take it and make him feel good about it. Take it home and play with it and have fun. Use it for rabbits or something like that. If you're happy with what kind of a guy he is then this seems like it would make him happy as well. Nobody says you have to hunt elk with it.
Definitely wouldn’t feel obligated to hunt big game with it. I think it would just be fun to toy around with.

Really leaning towards having him keep it for a turkey hunt. He’s got a back injury that he could use this weapon for. Just trying to not upset him is all. Weird balancing act.

Definitely wouldn’t feel obligated to hunt big game with it. I think it would just be fun to toy around with.

Really leaning towards having him keep it for a turkey hunt. He’s got a back injury that he could use this weapon for. Just trying to not upset him is all. Weird balancing act.
He bought a crossgun and now he wants to give it to you and make it your problem? Is your BIL 12 years old? o? Tell him thanks but no thanks and to keep it and not be a baby about others not wanting it.

One step farther....
Shame on you for considering shooting a turkey with a crossbow.😆🤣
I think trying to justify is also another part of the problem. I’m the worst person to gift something. There’s a lot wrong here.

• Haha
Reactions: Hem
No need to feel any guilt using a crossbow; now, if your sluicing birds on the ground or out of of a tree with a shotgun or shooting turkeys with a rifle.....well, that's just bad form! ;)

Lotta speedgoats around you can use that crossbow on. I would take it and count yourself blessed and get some speedgoat backstrap to give back.

I'd tell him you have no use for a crossbow (unless you secretly want it), but that he's welcome to come hunt with you where it's allowed, and don't feel guilty about it.

Sounds to me like a thing that should have been done prior to him being a bil. You know for profiling purposes

Sounds to me like a thing that should have been done prior to him being a bil. You know for profiling purposes
True, but he came along when I was away from home. I actually didn't know about him until he proposed to my sister. All for good reason though.....

Although, I'll give him credit; he gave me a cut of backstrap from a deer when I first met him. That was my family's 'welcome home' gift. Tasted terrible but it was nice of him.

I Freaking Love it!!!! I just sent a screenshot to my buddy who I always give sh*t about hunting w a crossbow!!!!!!
The sad thing is….my grandson who’s 11 got a crapload of $$$ for Christmas n what’s he want to get…….a crossbow so he can hunt w Papa during bow season as well as rifle!!!!

Well, if it gets him out in the field w me more than he already does…it can’t be that bad…..as long as when he’s old/strong enough to draw back a lethal bow, he switches over to that

Well, if it gets him out in the field w me more than he already does…it can’t be that bad…..as long as when he’s old/strong enough to draw back a lethal bow, he switches over to that
I’m biting my tongue as I was texting that!!!

He loves hunting, shooting, watching animals n if it’s more time in the field he wants…I’m going to deliver. If u check past posts, the little man has been going w me since he was is diapers n has shot many deer n pigs already starting at age 6. He’s been w me on a horseback spring bear hunt in Montana n hopefully will be back out there again in June. He wants a trad bow to hunt w but he’s no where near strong enough yet. I feel this will just be a stepping stone for him.
I personally….will not be hunting w it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back