Caribou Gear Tarp

Remington help

I have a 700 trigger that I'd be happy to part with for cheap, but I would recommend getting a Timney or Triggertech. I got a Triggertech and it makes a world of difference, way more consistent than the factory trigger. Install was a breeze too. Also put a Limbsaver on and like it way better. I want to hear more about the recoil pad melting into the safe.....
I’ve had gun about ten years don’t use it.cleaned and sitting in safe been about two years since I had it out.went to rearrange some things and found it stuck to safe it appears to have just melted. did some checking and apparently they had issues with some that I wasn’t aware of years ago. Now with all the issues (bankruptcy) I’m going to take care of trigger and recoil myself I’m not confident I would ever get gun back

The recoil pad is most likely a limbsaver pad. They had a problem with the material. I’d contact limbsaver and explain the situation and see what they say.
Regarding your trigger recall. The excess epoxy that may be inside the trigger can be melt with a heat gun if you remove the trigger from the action. The Xmark aren’t very nice anyway so I’d just replace it. Very simple to swap in an aftermarket or tuned old style trigger.

I have a 700 trigger that I'd be happy to part with for cheap, but I would recommend getting a Timney or Triggertech. I got a Triggertech and it makes a world of difference, way more consistent than the factory trigger. Install was a breeze too. Also put a Limbsaver on and like it way better. I want to hear more about the recoil pad melting into the safe.....
Apparently Simms has had some issues with their Limbsaver pads “degrading,” for lack of a better term. I have no idea if Simms made those pads for Remington but it wouldn’t surprise me. I have a Limbsaver on a TC Encore and it has started to “degrade.” I’ve heard that SVL will exchange the pad for free but I haven’t looked into it yet.

I'd save time and trouble and have a gunsmith put on a good trigger such as a Timney, Shilen, or Triggertech. As far as the recoil pad pull it off and ditch it. Also not worth sending in to take care of that. The gunsmith can install a good pad at the same time.

Apparently Simms has had some issues with their Limbsaver pads “degrading,” for lack of a better term. I have no idea if Simms made those pads for Remington but it wouldn’t surprise me. I have a Limbsaver on a TC Encore and it has started to “degrade.” I’ve heard that SVL will exchange the pad for free but I haven’t looked into it yet.
Interesting. I have some Pachymar pads that have been around for decades.

Interesting. I have some Pachymar pads that have been around for decades.
I really like the Simms pads and have had them on other rifles and shotguns and never had this issue with them. I’ve heard excellent things about the Pachmar pads.

I live local to the Ilion, NY original Remington Plant and know a couple guys that work there. Post bankruptcy, the plan was to call back maintenance staff on Feb 15 to get ready to start building guns on March 1. The Roundhill group (new owners) of Remington guns has gotten a new FFL to begin gun production.

Remington staff, or former staff, have been mostly laid off for months now. The union & staff are looking for Roundhill to honor the prior Union contract, pre-bankruptcy. On local news this past week, it was said that Roundhill has asked the Union for a determination of whether Roundhill is liable for the prior contract (poor time to ask!). Roundhill says that if they are liable for severance, lost vacation time, etc. then they will never be able to build guns in NYS. The news further said that both sides want the facility back in operation.

As a long time Remington lover and gun owner, I hope they work it out. Besides, it seems that the bankruptcy court judge should have worked this out if it was an issue.

Rifle finish doesn't impact if a trigger will work.
Thanks for offer on trigger. Decided to take to gunsmith and have checked out and punch marked like Remington would have done.
that way if in the future some one would check serial number they would know by punch that it’s been serviced.
you know granddaughter might sale them all someday lol 😂
thanks

I dont regret buying and installing a Timney trigger in my 700 years ago when I got my 700. I put it right up next to buying good binos as one of the good decisions I made on hunting gear.

Last edited:
I have almost all timney's, good triggers. However, after getting to shoot a 700 with a trigger tech...I think they're better than a timney.

I have a box full of OEM Remington triggers. Upgrading to an aftermarket trigger is one of the best ways to improve your rifle. A Timney Elite Hunter (#510-V2) costs about $150 and is easily installed by a non-professional in about 20 minutes.

I have a box full of OEM Remington triggers. Upgrading to an aftermarket trigger is one of the best ways to improve your rifle. A Timney Elite Hunter (#510-V2) costs about $150 and is easily installed by a non-professional in about 20 minutes.
Most of the time when the rear pin is removed the bolt stop and spring will come out also. With the action in some sort of padded vise @#)(# the bolt and put the safety on. Tap out the rear pin using a long punch, preferably brass. Open the bolt to remove the punch. Remove the front pin and install the new trigger front pin first. If the bolt release is out, put the trigger into its slot and then put the bolt release into its slot. Next put the spring back and start the rear pin bevel end first. Tap it in until pin is about flush with the bolt release and that's it. Pretty easy DIY.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back