Caribou Gear

Remington help

Corn king 60

I recently learned my rem.700 rifle has been recalled for trigger issues.I bought it new about ten years ago but never have used it. I have tried calling them but can’t get any one.so I went to website put in all information it confirmed mine is part of recall and I was to get a shipping box and label’s.that was three weeks ago oh yeah when I got it from the safe I found that the recoil pad had melted into the safe floor. anybody have trouble getting through to Remington.thanks in advance

New owners planned to start making guns again Feb 15th, I believe. Not sure what legal responsibility they have to honor the prior recall. I think it was an asset deal so they may not be required to do it. Then again they may fix it out of good faith.

Or you may be better off just buying a Triggertech/Timney/whatever and being done with it.

Yeah, old Remington is no longer. The ammo component sold to Vista (owns Federal ammo) and is back up and running. The firearms branch sold to another company who I don't believe has ever made firearms. They will be starting back up at the Illion NY factory hopefully sometime this year. We'll see how that goes.

I don't think your recall will be covered after the restructuring.
I have a 700 that was part of the recall and was sick of dealing with Remington so I bought myself a Triggertech. It's definitely a big upgrade. In the meantime, don't point your X-Mark trigger at anything you're not willing to destroy... which is a good general rule, recall or not.

Yeah I’ve been following their issues and not thrilled ( big Remington fan) just thought it strange that I got a response over the website but no box and labels in three weeks.

I’d personally bite the bullet and just buy a timney and be done with it. You’ll be better off.
you could be correct sir.
they claim the issue isn’t the trigger itself but to much epoxy when put together.might take to gunsmith to look at it.I found recoil pads to replace the piece of junk that’s on it.

Thanks to all.looks like step one forget rem support step two gunsmith step three new trigger and recoil pad on my dime .not bad for gun bought new and never used.

A competent smith can make the x mark work. Sims for a recoil pad. mtmuley
Yeah that’s what I thought on the trigger. Thanks for the tip on the recoil pad.never seen one do that but apparently they had issues on some going back a few years

Whatever you do, do not put it in a box and send it off hoping to see it again. I would suggest giving them some time to prove themselves before doing that.
Yeah thanks. I’ve been thinking 🤔 the same I would have been uneasy about sending it under normal conditions.but with there bankruptcy and changing hands I think I’ll get it taken care of locally.i want to get it right even though I don’t plan to use it.just more toys for granddaughter some day.

Whatever you do, do not put it in a box and send it off hoping to see it again. I would suggest giving them some time to prove themselves before doing that.
I wonder what happened to all the poor guys who had sent rifles into Remington before the bankruptcy. There must be 1000s of model 700s sitting in a warehouse somewhere. Hopefully, new owners can right the ship.

I had the Remington x mark recall. Sent it in a few years ago, waited a few months, got it back, shot it a few times, put a cheap timiney in it, loved it (so much now it needs a new barrel). Save yourself a lot of hassle, buy a trigger and a punch and be done in less time than it would take to box it up.

I have a 700 trigger that I'd be happy to part with for cheap, but I would recommend getting a Timney or Triggertech. I got a Triggertech and it makes a world of difference, way more consistent than the factory trigger. Install was a breeze too. Also put a Limbsaver on and like it way better. I want to hear more about the recoil pad melting into the safe.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back