Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Remington filing for bankruptcy?

Little more detail here:

Vista Outdoor, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit A with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business and certain IP assets; and SIG Sauer, Inc. as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit B with respect to the Lonoke Ammunitions Business;

Roundhill Group, LLC as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit C with respect to the non-Marlin Firearms Business; and Huntsman Holdings, LLC and Century Arms, Inc. as the Backup Bidders thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit D with respect to certain Firearms Business IP assets and Exhibit E with respect to certain non-Marlin Firearms Business inventory, respectively;

Sierra Bullets, L.L.C. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit F with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business; and Barnes Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit G with respect to the Barnes Ammunitions Business;

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. as the Successful Bidder pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit H with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business; and Long Range Acquisition LLC as the Backup Bidder thereto pursuant to the terms of the Asset Purchase Agreement attached hereto as Exhibit I with respect to the Marlin Firearms Business;

JJE Capital Holdings, LLC as the Successful Bidder with respect to the DPMS, H&R, Stormlake, AAC, and Parker brands;

Franklin Armory Holdings, Inc., or its designated assignee, as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Bushmaster brand and certain related assets; and

Sportsman’s Warehouse, Inc. as the Successful Bidder with respect to the Tapco brand.

Vista owns Federal, not surprised that they pick up the lion's share of the ammunition business. Not totally shocked that Sierra grabbed the Barnes portion, either.

Ruger buying Marlin is interesting, cornering even more of the rimfire market. Hopefully the lever guns will be up to snuff.

Franklin Armory is probably most known for the binary trigger it produces, they produce ARs but I've never held one.

Kalashnikov variant owners will be happy that Tapco lives again.

JJE has most of its portfolio in Palmetto State Armory, DPMS and AAC makes a lot of sense. Not very excited they got the H&R brand, but time will tell on that one.

Am I misunderstanding this, or does Roundhill now own the Remington brand portion of the firearms business? I'm not familiar at all with them, and if I'm looking at the right company they're a global investment firm.

After reading through the hundreds of pages in the court documents, it looks like this Roundhill Group is probably not the one that most articles are referencing. The agent on the documents is a Scott Soura, who has used the name Roundhill frequently for multiple LLCs that spring up for a bit and dissolve - usually in Nevada. Guessing this is a shell for someone else acquiring it.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving company. When you make and sell junk, what else would you expect. They also ruined Marlin and who knows what is going to happen with H&R. No tears shed here.

Regarding Roundhill's plans for Remington firearms. I'm optimistic....cautiously optimistic. Although with the rise of Bergara, it might be a moot point. Bergara has pretty much put out the product(s) and upgrades that Remington should have, all on the 700 footprint.

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving company. When you make and sell junk, what else would you expect. They also ruined Marlin and who knows what is going to happen with H&R. No tears shed here.
I could care less about the Remington name but to act like it’s a good thing for a company to go under is pretty stupid to say, there are a lot of people who will lose their jobs over this who did nothing wrong it was the decision makers of the company who ran the business into the ground and unfortunately it’s the everyday workers who will Be most negatively impacted by this and many will lose jobs that’s how this kind of thing works. I have no loyalty to Remington and am disappointed with the one a Remington firearm I purchased. But to act like it’s a good thing when the biggest losers will Be the workers who did nothing wrong and will most likely lose jobs. Just my 2 Cents

Regarding Roundhill's plans for Remington firearms. I'm optimistic....cautiously optimistic. Although with the rise of Bergara, it might be a moot point. Bergara has pretty much put out the product(s) and upgrades that Remington should have, all on the 700 footprint.
Well, I like what I'm reading in the article. I guess we'll see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back