Remington Arms Settles with Sandy Hook Victims

All for a weapon that never saw the situation or daylight until after it was all over.

Same here. Especially since the shooter was not the purchaser of the gun. Didn't the shooter steal the gun from his mother who was the purchaser? Seems like a giant leap to connect this shooting to Remington's advertising.
Terrible precedence to see. I understand it was Remington‘s insurance companies that paid out, not Remington, but still not a good look, and yes the shooter took the rifle after shooting his mom in the face with a .22 4 times while she slept.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but this is Hunt Talk. I am don't at all see the relevancy between the Sandy Hook case and hunting or the hunting community. I've never understood why most hunters focus solely on these issues instead of looking into others that might actually affect their hunting (e.g. like public lands issues).

Maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but this is Hunt Talk. I am don't at all see the relevancy between the Sandy Hook case and hunting or the hunting community. I've never understood why most hunters focus solely on these issues instead of looking into others that might actually affect their hunting (e.g. like public lands issues).
Because I use a firearm to hunt, that firearm is protected by the second amendment. So I care about second amendment issues as well. I suppose if you only bow hunt you have nothing to worry about.

Furthermore, if insurance companies start making it difficult for firearms manufacturers to get insurance due to them them paying out 75-$100 million every time somebody uses one of their firearms in a drive-by or some mentally ill individual shoots up a place of business, house of worship, or school that could affect quite a few things.

I will use Chicago as an example, over this last weekend nine people were shot and three were killed. Now if each one of those individuals or surviving family members sues the firearm manufacturer who’s gun was used in that crime. And then get paid out a 3.1 million Settlement that was going to be in a very expensive weekend.

Last edited:
To me it's sort of like when the lady sued McDonald's after she burned herself with a hot coffee, and then the lawyers finding a billboard from McDonald's that says something like "We have the hottest coffee around" and then considering that damning evidence that McDonald's is out to scald people.

But maybe that's just me

Again I’ll use Chicago for this example there was 1,002 gun related homicides last year (21) now if insurance companies having to start to pay out 2-3 million per gun homicide how long do you think before the insurance carriers say enough is enough you guys are on your own.

Disclaimer!!!!
My math is very rough I just took 75 million divided by the 26 victims I’m not accounting for those injured at Sandy Hook.

You’d think those parents/lawyers would utilize their time and resources to campaign for mental health awareness. His parents ignored his issues for years. But by all means, blame the tool. More kids are going to die from mass shootings because our society does jack shit about the root of the problem.

You’d think those parents/lawyers would utilize their time and resources to campaign for mental health awareness. His parents ignored his issues for years. But by all means, blame the tool. More kids are going to die from mass shootings because our society does jack shit about the root of the problem.
Couldn't agree more.

To me it's sort of like when the lady sued McDonald's after she burned herself with a hot coffee, and then the lawyers finding a billboard from McDonald's that says something like "We have the hottest coffee around" and then considering that damning evidence that McDonald's is out to scald people.

But maybe that's just me

A lot of the media around that case was pushed by large corporations making it seem like a frivolous lawsuit. Turns out there was a bit more to that case.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back