Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Remington 700 in 6.5 Creedmoor for Whitetail?

It kills better? mtmuley
I didn’t say better, but the animals I’ve seen shot with it died just as well as they do when I shoot them with my .300 win mag. Lots of COAL to work with, adequate bullet weight and velocity, and very little recoil is an appealing package.

Last edited:
Not much can be said that hasn't already. Nothing wrong with the 700, or the 6.5CM, but if you're looking for it to be "flatter" than your '06, you'll be disappointed. It's not. Recoil less? Yep. Cheaper to shoot? Yep. But the ranges you listed are nothing for the
30-06 to handle with ease.

uh shoot a lighter weight bullet.....125s for a 30-06 is a damn laser beam. But ya know excuses for new guns. Just make one up haha.

Reactions: Guy
uh shoot a lighter weight bullet.....125s for a 30-06 is a damn laser beam. But ya know excuses for new guns. Just make one up haha.
You want to shoot that bullet get a 25-06. It won’t matter at all at the ranges hes shooting. Further out the heavier 30’s will make a fool of the 125.

My Grandfather made Lutefisk. Not an acquired taste I can tell you. mtmuley
My Great Grandmother immigrated from Sweden. When I was a kid she still lived with my Grandparents. I did too for a while.

Every Christmas my Grandfather would go to some store down in Denver and bring home several of those dried lutefish boards, cut them up with a hand saw, then soften them in a tub of lie. My Grandmother and Great Grandmother would cook the slimly mess.

It's a good thing that their house didn't have any walls wall-papered because just the smell of that lutefisk would have melted the paper off of the walls.

If youre just wanting a new gun go for it. But in all reality the .30-06 is more than adequate for deer out to 300 yards. I have a Rem 700 in the ol 30-06 and it loves the 180 grain SST. I did however buy a Savage model 11 in 6.5 CM today just because I wanted one but it won't be replacing my 30-06 as the meat getter

Back