Rem 700 Kampfeld Custom

WyOpitz

I am about finished with my current rifle build. I picked up a SPS in 7mm08 with intentions of rebarreling it to a 6.5 of some sort. Since it wouldn't be done before hunting season, I opted to stick with the 7mm08 for this season and see how I like it. I just wanted a lightweight deer sized game and smaller rifle. I sent my bolt to Kampfeld Custom to have it fluted and skelotonized. Not to cut weight because it is so minimal but just because I like the way it looks. I just received it, mailed off July 1st and got in the mail today. I am very pleased with the workmanship, the finish work was above and beyond my expectations.I got the web skelotonization with Remington titanium type fluting. I've got a Leupold VX3 on top, Timney trigger and now I'm just waiting on my HS Precision stock to show up from stockysstocks so I can burn that cheap excuse of a stock Remington throws on there for the SPS.

Anyways, I highly recommend these guys should any of you guys want to do this to their rifle.

Counting the days to season!!
:hump:

Attachments

• IMAG0376.jpg
    IMAG0376.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 6,400
  • IMAG0379.jpg
    IMAG0379.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 5,617
I like that end result with the bolt.

How much did the work cost? Hope you have a good season with the new shooter.

HGWT

Like the work on the bolt...but cant like that stock, you are correct, its a sorry excuse for a stock.

Just an FYI for guys that may be in the middle of a build and wondering about triggers.

I've put timneys in several of my rifles and no complaints.

However, I had several remington factory triggers around and a friend clued me in to Neil Jones. I sent Neil a factory Remington trigger and had him work it over. Its every bit as crisp and clean as any after-market trigger I've used. Absolutely no travel and breaks like glass at 2.75 pounds.

I worked a trade with Neil, but I believe he charges about $75ish to completely work over a remington trigger.

http://neiljones.com/

Fast turn-around and I'm pleased with the trigger.

Add Eddie Fosnaugh to the list of guys that can blueprint a Remington trigger.

http://www.fosnaughcustoms.com/

I had him blueprint one and adjust to 2.75, as well as install a Timney on a separate build and set to 2.75...side by side I can't tell the difference and blue printing is $65 compared to $100 for a new timney.

As for Karl....the man does great work (cerakoting by EddieF)

I like the cerakoted flutes, that is awesome! I was thinking about doing that but possibly in white, I'm waiting until I decide what to do with my barrel. Then I will get everything cerakoted at once. I never would have thought of purple but that looks pretty damn good!!

I took it to the range today and started breaking it in. Cleaned after every shot x10 then after every 5. Spent about 3 hours there today. It shoots well, the only weakness is the stock. I did have some feeding issues,nothing related to the bolt, more likely the follower but I think I solved this. The spring attached to the floor plate and the follower was very stout and literally shoots open when I hit the release button to empty shells from bottom. I took some plyers and bent it a little so there wasn't so much upforce on the shells. I'll take it back to the range on Monday to verify this. I don't like cycling live ammo in my house and I don't have any snap caps. I'll keep you posted.

Karl did this bolt for me and put his campfire knob on it. He has three sizes of these as well as fluted and knurled. The campfire is his med sized knob. He is very quick and almost always has your bolt back in under a week and a half. His larger knob is the tactical and the smallest is called the hunter.

This is a 7mm rem mag I ceracoated in graphite black and put in a B&C Alaskan II stock and PT&G bolt shroud. Rifle shoots real nice.

Seriously though I need to wipe her down I didn't realize how much dust was on it until I looked at the picture.

7002001_zpsa7c62602.jpg

I like the trigger work you guys have had done...it makes a lot of sence to me for accuracy. Now fluting the bolt makes it look sweet and would reduce some weight...does it do anything for accuracy? I've never had it on any of my guns

That is a sweet looking rifle. I can't wait to get mine Cerakoted. I adjusted the magazine spring on mine and now it feeds much better. It wasn't level and wasn't pushing the rear end of the case high enough for the bolt to catch it. Remington's quality control should have caught that IMO. Still waiting on my stock, its been almost 3 months, hope it doesn't take the possible 4-8 months per stockystocks.

I would try to find one elsewhere but I wanted the one with the cheek piece. It's considered a special order if not in stock and you can't cancel your order per their policy. It will be worth the wait, I've got a couple more months to spare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kallcarrty
Back