Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Rem 700 Build

Did you do the trigger by yourself? I'm not thrilled with the trigger on my 700 and have been thinking about a swap. Curious if it's easy to swap out the trigger or if it is a gunsmith job. Good lookin' rig

Did you do the trigger by yourself? I'm not thrilled with the trigger on my 700 and have been thinking about a swap. Curious if it's easy to swap out the trigger or if it is a gunsmith job. Good lookin' rig
Yes I did, it's very easy with some simple tools that you probably already have. Go to youtube and do a search for Rem 700 trigger install. There's plenty of videos.

I figured I'd post a little update on this rifle. The vortex scope didn't work out (tracking issue) and ended up being returned to the ebay seller. I really wanted another Night Force, so I took some time and researched. I settled on a 4-14x56 SHV with the MOAR reticle. This is a very nice scope for the money. I love the reticle and crisp, clear image. It was a very nice upgrade.

I finally found some time this morning to get out with the new scope and see what it could do. It printed 1.1 MOA with Federal Premium 180 Nosler Accubonds, 0.8 MOA with Barnes 180 TTSX, and my best group this moring came from the Nosler Trophy Grade 180 Accubonds. The photos are of the later and both came in right about 0.6 MOA at 100 and 200 yards. I couldn't be happier with factory ammo.

I was also able to get it out on some steel this morning at 300, 400, and 550 yards and it performed great.

I'm looking forward to using this rifle this fall.

HighDesertSage, pretty nice scope! I have almost the same one but only with a thermal vision features, model AGM ANACONDA TC50-640 ( got here: https://www.agmglobalvision.com/thermal-imaging/thermal-clip-on-systems ). It really helps with any kind of activity, shooting, etc in the darkest conditions. So that, when you go for a hunting for couple of days and you will spend nights in the wild, it really can help.

Last edited:

There are folks like Neil Jones who rework the factory triggers and they come out pretty nice. Neil charges $80 for his service which includes dis-assembly and removing any burrs, etc. and setting pull weight.

Well, you've got me tinkering with my 700 .25-06, which is quickly becoming my favorite rifle. I dropped in a TriggerTech trigger and a put it in a Grayboe stock. Curious about that Duracoat kit. Was it pretty painless to install? How has the quality been? Thanks

Well, you've got me tinkering with my 700 .25-06, which is quickly becoming my favorite rifle. I dropped in a TriggerTech trigger and a put it in a Grayboe stock. Curious about that Duracoat kit. Was it pretty painless to install? How has the quality been? Thanks
Yeah it was easy. Get the "bad ass" one. Seems to get better reviews. Quality has been great. When applying, the trick is light coats.

I built a 700 in 7mm mag from a new receiver that I bought in 2019. I bought an AG composites stock. It weighs 28oz. I ordered a Douglas barrel with a light heavy barrel .700 at the muzzle. A Timney elite hunter trigger @ 2.5-3 lbs. and a shrewd brake. I had the bolt and barrel fluted by LRI and my gunsmith squared and blueprinted the action. I had him install an m-16 style extractor because the factory extractor would not extract. He assembled it and had it cerakoted in black graphite. It has an oversized bolt knob and is wearing a Leupold VX5HD in 3.5-15x44 with dual dovetail rings and bases. The whole rifle with scope weighs 8lbs. Great to carry in the mountains. It shoots better than I can for sure. I took my bull this year at 315yds. It hit exactly where I was aiming. I shoot 162gr Hornady Precision Hunters. All together I have close to $3,000 in it including the scope. Not cheap, but it was my dream rifle and its awesome.

blacksheep

Attachments

• rifle.jpg
    rifle.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 19

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runoutdoors