Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Relocating: let the points go?

Do I?

• Total voters
What is the residency requirements for hunting wilderness areas? The same as hunting tags? Maybe you could burn your points and then go hunt wilderness so that you're at least getting some benefit of living there your first year, and still getting use of your preference points
I believe they are the same. It wouldn't make sense if they were different.

Where in WY are you moving to? FWIW, I've lived here over 8 years and have never hunted wilderness yet. Freezer is full of pronghorn and elk every year. My advice is don't get hung up on the wilderness thing.
I normally dont but the particular hunt I'm likely to draw has a lot of wilderness. I would like to talk to someone about the unit but the research I have done comes up pretty empty.

There is a second unit that's a late season where I think they would go onto BLM but i already have a hunt planned for those dates..... sigh

That's the question. Calling G&F shortly.
I normally dont but the particular hunt I'm likely to draw has a lot of wilderness. I would like to talk to someone about the unit but the research I have done comes up pretty empty.

There is a second unit that's a late season where I think they would go onto BLM but i already have a hunt planned for those dates..... sigh
What is the residency requirements for hunting wilderness areas? The same as hunting tags? Maybe you could burn your points and then go hunt wilderness so that you're at least getting some benefit of living there your first year, and still getting use of your preference points
Per G&F, I need a guide or a resident guide for 2023 if I want to venture into the wilderness.

That's the question. Calling G&F shortly.
It's the same as applying for tags. My brother moved in August 2021 and I helped him figure it out. It sounds like with your schedule move you'll have to apply as a NR and follow NR rules for 2023. With the proper timing a guy could have a NR tag and yet meet residency requirements to hunt the wilderness. The biggest benefit I see in that scenario is it would open up some good tags that don't take a ton of points for NR because the units are mostly wilderness.

Per G&F, I need a guide or a resident guide for 2023 if I want to venture into the wilderness.
If you can not make a resident friend before September of 2023 then we need to all pull together a Go Fund Me to send you to a Dale Carnegie Course...

How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg

If you can not make a resident friend before September of 2023 then we need to all pull together a Go Fund Me to send you to a Dale Carnegie Course...

How-to-win-friends-and-influence-people.jpg
Better than the idea I had....

31 year old married male seeking buddy to take him and his father for long walks into the forest with a loaded gun.

Does it make sense to have two general deer permits for two different states? Their seasons overlap but I can get the archery stamp for one of them.

Maybe use your points for easier to draw tags and then donate the tags to Wounded Warrior or Handicapped Hunter Programs. You often get a tax write-off for the donated tag(s) and moreover you get the satisfaction of helping and assisting a veteran or disabled hunter. Win all the way around. Good luck, TheGrayRider.

I'm all confused and now have a headache. The hunting is soooo much easier in the south pacific(nz and australia)

I don’t understand the question? What does residency have to do with points? You don’t keep your points if moving to Wyoming? Is that why you’re saying?

Does it make sense to have two general deer permits for two different states? Their seasons overlap but I can get the archery stamp for one of them.
Just burn your man card and take up quilting!
Don’t ever ask such a silly question again. Cmon man! Snap out of it

I don’t understand the question? What does residency have to do with points? You don’t keep your points if moving to Wyoming? Is that why you’re saying?
They go away when I’m able to claim residency in 1 year. Use em or lose em this year.

Just funnin ya perma.
I’d go with the one I thought I could put a good hunt together and had the most time to devote to it.
My inner tag horror is saying take em both and get after it.

Well the polls say to burn em all. Unwritten rule that you have to Elon Musk any polls you make on this site. So my names in they hat for 4 species. Oofta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTLifer
Back