Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Reloading supply hoarding

Rooster52

Who is loading up on supplies with the election coming up? Remember what happened a couple years ago when powder and primers got scarce.
I am pretty well set do to the passing of a local bench rest shooter and I ended up buying his loading equipment and supplies.

To me, the hoarding is the problem. Remember AR's at 3 to 4k? Most guys that hoard probably didn't shoot enough in the first place to warrant it. What happens happens. I was set with enough components before Obama . If you are worried and need to hoard, have at it. mtmuley

I keep thinking I will but need to get serious .. I have rounded up enough .22LR to hold me but when Obama took office I could find powder for a year .. then when the d was re elected i couldn't find for a while again .. this was all local stores obviously but I will probably buy 10 pounds of powder each for my .223, .243, and .30-06.. probably 1000 bullets for the .223 and .243 .. maybe 300 bullets for .30-06.. and primers to cover that .. if that's hoarding then sign me up!

I wouldn't call it hoarding, because I actually use the stuff, unlike a lot of the hand wringers who never get off the couch..

I'm picking up a little every week, especially 9mm since it's so cheap, and it's pretty much taken over plinking duties in my family. Once people flip out again, I'll just let them fall all over themselves with every post on the 'net about who has what.

Maybe the hoarders have used up all they have hoarded and will start hoarding all the stuff they hoarded before that was suppose to be illegal for hoarding by now.

There is a fine line between hoarding and being prepared. If things go bad and you can't get stuff, well then, I guess you should have been more of a hoarder.

There is a fine line between hoarding and being prepared. If things go bad and you can't get stuff, well then, I guess you should have been more of a hoarder.

Same thing I heard back in the Brady Bill days and I hoarded primers and high capacity mags, look how that worked out. I guess it might be real starting now. -eye roll

I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen that happened during Obamas reign if Hillary is elected....which is absolutely nothing. The problem is the ding dongs who have cried wolf for eight years. Don't get me wrong I don't think they are gun friendly but I also don't think they are going to take away my 22 shells. Going to be interesting watching the frenzy at the sports shops if she is elected. Reminds me of those fainting goat videos on youtube. BOOO!!! :)

I'm pretty sure the same thing will happen that happened during Obamas reign if Hillary is elected....which is absolutely nothing. The problem is the ding dongs who have cried wolf for eight years. Don't get me wrong I don't think they are gun friendly but I also don't think they are going to take away my 22 shells. Going to be interesting watching the frenzy at the sports shops if she is elected. Reminds me of those fainting goat videos on youtube. BOOO!!! :)

Yep, Another 4 years of dumb asses clearing the shelves.

Last edited:
Anyone that believes any president will "take our guns" or "take our ammo and reloading supplies" is too dumb to be given the privilege of even voting.

Common sense alone should be enough for people to realize how ridiculous and unfounded such thinking really is. The industry/economy that has been built on firearms, ammo, reloading, hunting clothing, binoculars, rifle scopes, game bags, packs, boots, and all the other crap that hunters must have...all points to the exact reason it wont all be "taken away" by any President.

Follow common sense and the money...

But, true to form, there will be another hoarding frenzy.

Personally, if I were in the firearm, ammo, or hunting industry, I'd be sending my political support and campaign contributions to the D's...all day long. Its great for business.

I wouldn't even be surprised to find out that ol' NRA Wayne votes D when he steps into the voting booth. Again, its great for his business.

Last edited:
It is for real this time. I am afraid!

I tend to agree with you. The supreme court is in the balance now and THAT is for real! Anybody that wants to hide their head I the sand and say it is OK, is more than free to do so. Me...I have lost faith in the system and stupid voters in this country. Luckily, I live away from heavily populated areas.

Prepare for the worst and pray for the best.

I wish I could be a hoarder. I must live in a bad supply location, because the components/ammo I need have never been back in good supply. I haven't run out, but as fast as my family goes through ammo it's just an in-and-out process. I'd like to just reach a comfortable level ...... and prices from pre-crazy days.

Exactly. mtmuley

I laughed when the big rush happened last time. I already had mine!:hump:

Years in law enforcement and military environments have taught me to be prepared. Call me paranoid, a hoarder, stupid voter etc., etc. all you want, but I will not be caught napping. I USE the stuff that I have. It is not for a doomsday scenario.

We are living in a dangerous time, both domestically and internationally. A president cannot take firearms away, yada, yada, but they can pick supreme court justices that can change their interpretation of the second amendment and others. Anybody that thinks this cannot happen had better wake up, or reality is going slap really hard.

If things go well, then I will be good, if not, I will be in good shape, too. Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

I do not consider myself a hoarder but I do have a lot of reloading supplies on hand do to a local bench rest shooter passing away and I bought out his equipment and supplies. Only powder I have bought lately is some VARGET for my 7mm08.pretty well stocked for my other rifles.I do a lot of target shooting at the range .
I have heard of guys that stock piled 25,000 rounds of 22 ammo that probably do not shoot over100 rounds a year,thats a hoarder.

To those saying it could never happen consider--

If the US Supreme Court becomes a liberal majority, the second amendment could very easily be reinterpreted as a collective right rather than an individual one. This makes regulation far easier. Imagine how the country would change under 30 years of a left-leaning SUPCO.

"Freedom is never more than one generation from extinction"

Back