Reloading Equipment

You should try to find someone who reloads to talk with before you spend any money. Find out what equipment is available and decide whether you want a single stage or progressive. Are you loading only rifle cartridges or only pistol cartridges or both? Just for shooting or for target shooting, hunting? There are several variations on this theme. You need to get some answers before you spend your money.

RCBS is a good reloading setup plenty of accessories .As stated above get a good book on reloading and a reloading book on specific bullets you want to reload

I'll probably get an electronic powder trickler and scale this year.

Ben, have you used one yet? I was taught to reload by a buddy and he had one. I then when to a manual(oil) scale, but it didn't take me long to justify buying one! From my short time and opinion, I think an electronic trickler is the biggest time saver. My next buy will be an electronic case trimmer, hopefully some time this year.

On a side note, I would suggest buying from Fin's sponsors(if they have reloading equip) for those looking for equipment. :D

I think I am sold on a rockchucker kit. I have wanted to get into reloading for a while, and now that I am going to be shooting a caliber without the wide range of factory ammo (260 REM). I think this will really pay off. I think I am going to make this my birthday gift this summer.

Ben, have you used one yet? I was taught to reload by a buddy and he had one. I then when to a manual(oil) scale, but it didn't take me long to justify buying one! From my short time and opinion, I think an electronic trickler is the biggest time saver. My next buy will be an electronic case trimmer, hopefully some time this year.

On a side note, I would suggest buying from Fin's sponsors(if they have reloading equip) for those looking for equipment. :D

I haven't. Been using an old 505 RCBS. It's fine, but my ES is pretty wild on rifle rounds. I'm excited to try one out. Most likely it'll be my birthday present.

As for buying from Fin's sponsors - I love ATK (Federal, CCI, Speer) reloading components. 7K primers from Federal sitting next to the reloading bench & I use speer bullets in several rifles and handguns. The 44 cal 210 Gold Dot is a barn burner out of a 4" Smith M29. I've got more alliant powder than anything else - use Unique, RL15, Rl17, RL19 a lot. :)

I've been reloading with Hornady equipment for 15 years and love it. The rock chucker is a great press but If you are on a budget I would make a list of what you need-want and compare what you get to the price. I would strongly recommend Hornady dies. The new ones are awesome. You won't be disappointed. I have given away my $150 Redding benchrest die because the $45 Hornady 338 lapua die was better. I have several RCBS dies but the NEW Hornady are better. Never buy a used die.
Now days you have to use whatever components you can find!!! It's hard to be picky.

kerry you've peeked my interest. I've been using nothing by Redding dies for 30 years. What did you find superior about the Hornady?

With the NEW Hornady dies adjustments are much easier to make Try one and You won't go back. The others are fine if you only load one bullet but if you switch bullets and try different seating depths you need to step up to dies with a micrometer to get better. Then you are adding $100-200.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back