Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

regs question

SneakyJake

My dad and I want to hunt Idaho and Montanna in the coming years. The Idaho regs state:

To purchase an archery permit, all bowhunters must show proof they have completed an approved bowhunter education course or show evidence of being previously licensed for an archery-only hunt in Idaho or another state, or complete an affidavit to that effect.

I have been bowhunting in WA for years now. Does that count, or do I have to take an advanced bowhunting certification course?

If you took an archery class in Wash. that card will work.
Or just showing an archery only permit will also work.
or you can take the archery ed class online which is passed easily by a seasoned archer.

I took hunter's ed (standard) as a kid. I buy an archery tag each year for deer and elk archery only season. I was born before '74. I'm not sure that I understand what a permit is. Is it a tag, license, special draw? Anyone?

or you can take the archery ed class online which is passed easily by a seasoned archer.

I guess I never heard of such ? Tell me about this Online class ????

Idaho changed it's law maybe 10-12 years ago. They said if you didn't have an idaho Archery stamp prior to that year then you'd need to take a Class. I went out and bought a Stamp that year so I was locked into not HAVING TO take a class. I'm guessing I'll take it when my kids do jsut for fun.

To answer your oter question, a Hunters safety card is NOT a Archery card. Idaho has 2 class's. One for Hunters safety and one for Archery safety.

I think the class has alt to do with Ethics as well. I know that some Slaughters along SH-21 10-15 years ago brought this to light. It was a Big Snow year and guys were Flinging arrows left and Right and ome of the Animals hit would Bleed in the Snow down accross the Hwy and it wasn't the best of Show to sa ythe least...... It also chnged that unit to a seperate draw and a Special class to hunt that area. Most know it as the Ada County late 39 hunt now.

Anyways, you should have your deal withyour Washington stamp. Let us know.

All you need to do is fill this out. You have been "legally authorized to participate in archery hunts in another state" (Washington, even though there is no requirement here to take a special archery education class in order to archery hunt)

Idaho Bowhunter Affidavit
I, (name) _______________________________________ , (driver’s license number) _____________________________ (state)______________
Completed an approved Bowhunter Education course in Idaho or another state. Specify: (state) _______________________ , (year) ______________
OR
Previously held a valid archery permit in Idaho or have been legally authorized to participate in archery hunts in another state.
Specify: (state) __________________________________ , (year) _______________
Signature: ______________________________________________________ Date: __________________________
I certify that the above information is true an correct. Anyone who knowingly provides false information on this document may be subject to felony prosection under Idaho Code 18-3203
These Forms May be Photocopied

Don't need it. See above affidavit. Speaking of regs,(read them under duress) do states other then WA have courses like the Advanced Hunter Education program whereas if you
graduate (short of a master's) you get to participate in many different types of special permit hunts and get extra tags. Oh, and if you are an instructor you get to have extra tags also. Oh the bureaucracy of it all!!!! Can't we just all go out there and get some meat.

Speaking of regs,(read them under duress) do states other then WA have courses like the Advanced Hunter Education program whereas if you graduate (short of a master's) you get to participate in many different types of special permit hunts and get extra tags. Oh, and if you are an instructor you get to have extra tags also. Oh the bureaucracy of it all!!!! Can't we just all go out there and get some meat.

I doubt it. Other states don't need crap like that. In other states all residents get to hunt the good hunts. You don't have to get a special education in order to hunt the best seasons/units. Of course, it IS a good program I guess, at least for those guys who have the time to complete it. I know I don't have the time. Maybe when I retire I'll do it. But, more likely, I will move to another state. It's a tough decision though, got 3 to pick from...Montana, Idaho, and Wyoming. I figure there's no point in trying to decide now. Things could be different in 15 years.

Oh, by the way, what elk area are you thinking of hunting? My cousin and his buddy just booked a hunt with an outfitter in the SE. I believe they'll be hunting unit 66, or maybe it's 66a, can't recall for sure. The outfitter is Hamilton Outfitters. If anybody knows anything about them, or has hunted with them, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back