Regrets in life?

gouch

They say you regret the things you didn’t do far more than anything you did. I know that is true for me. My first big regret happened way back in the summer of 1972. The 10 speed bike with its skinny tires and ram horn handlebars had just recently become popular. My friend Pat and I had just graduated high school and purchased a couple of 10 speeds. We were on one of our many long rides when we decided to take a break. We pulled off the road, hit some soft sand and flipped right over the handlebars. No one got hurt, which is amazing because in those days no self respecting soul would wear a helmet on a bike. That would be worse than wearing a seatbelt in the car. Anyway, we sat there licking our wounds and came up with the idea that if we put fat tires and wide handlebars on the bike along with the low gear ratio we could go anywhere and never need a road. After that we went on working our minimum wage jobs until I went into the army and he eventually went to the police academy. Fast forward 6 years and someone goes and invents something called a mountain bike. I don’t know if he got rich but I’ll bet he did better than me. We even had a friend who’s dad ran a bike shop and made custom bikes so getting a prototype made would have been a done deal. But no we never took it any farther than a little idea cooked up buy two dumb kids sitting in the dirt alongside the road.

In high school we use to wear spandex under our football uniforms. Thanks to my girlfriend at the time I went so far as to find a unitard from a dance studio so I could have a top. They weren't made back then, and weren't designed for athletics......then along came Under Armour years later.

Buying an iPod when they first came out as opposed to putting that $400 into $4/share Apple stock.

We sure enjoy your company on here John! Personally I don't know if I have that many regrets. Everything has slowly led me to my life right now. There's a couple exes I could have done without but they probably helped me realize what I need and wanted from a spouse. I think financially we all have made decisions we regret now

Biggest regert is not asking out that gorgeous 11/10 brunette back in college...oopsies

On another note:
-Not building up points in other states when I was younger.
-Not learning a trade skill at an early age.
-Not being financially responsible in my early 20s could have saved a lot more!
-Missing on the realty boom back in college, should have convinced my dad to go in on a house with me.

Everything that I have lived and experienced has made me the person I am today.

You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” ― C.S. Lewis.
Bingo

I'm glad your here, and we've shared a campfire....even if you did send us fruity beers one year.
I don't regret spend time around those campfires and eating John's chorizo that I bug him about constantly. I do regret trying to drink the fruity beer. :) Bud Lite Orange has to be that beer company's biggest regret.

I don't regret spend time around those campfires and eating John's chorizo that I bug him about constantly. I do regret trying to drink the fruity beer. :) Bud Lite Orange has to be that beer company's biggest regret.

I was going to say I didn't have any regrets but I guess I do. Buying a 6er of that awful orange beer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back