Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Refinishing a Browning Medalion

Rooster52

Anyone ever try stripping the finish on a Browning rifle ?That finish is hard. I have a lefthand Browning Medallion in 7MM Mag. Lots of scratchs .Want to try to refinish.Any sugjestions what to use to strip the old finish off with?

I stripped a BLR many years ago. The finish is very hard to get off. I would recommend Citristrip and a lot of elbow grease. Use a metal scraper to get the majority off and then use a sanding block to evenly get to bare wood.

I bought some paint and varnish stripper at WALMART and it don't even touch the finish on the Browning.

I bought some paint and varnish stripper at WALMART and it don't even touch the finish on the Browning.

This was the same experience I had too. Citristrip is by far the best product for getting those finishes off that I've found personally and is also recommended by several stock refinishing articles.

I will get some tomorrow and give it a try. Going to try to give it a hand rub oil finish instead of the gloss that came on it.

Great looking rifle.
You've given me some motivation. I've been thowing around the idea to refinish the stock on my dads old Remington model 721 in 30-06.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back